Question

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Software Updates

• 12 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Wondering when Android 13 is going to be released for the Samsung Galaxy Fold 4. Haven’t received ANY updates since 11/7/2022. Other carriers and devices have already received this update. The Z Fold 4 is one of Samsung highest end phones, and I’m baffled at the slow speed of updates.

4 replies

I've been on the phone with Tmobile several times about this. They are still "testing" it for the z fold 4. The S22 series got it no problem, my Tab S8 Ultra got it(but not my Tab S8+), and I'm sure some of the other Samsung series of phones have probably received it as well. They keep trying to say it's up to Samsung when we will get it or that (in my case at least) the update won't come from Tmobile because I didn't buy the phone through them......both of which I know are not true. I told them that they will end up losing customers behind this if they keep it up.

Badge

You can get it, just put a AT&T sim in and goto software update. if you have a Unlocked phone.Visual Voicemail NOT Working, has been the only problem i have noticed.

That’s interesting that you said that TMO stated that since your Fold-4 is unlocked that the update will come from Samsung.  I rec’d the same babble from TMO which I was happy about because I have a friend who works at Samsung so I had her send me an e-mail which dispelled all that TMO babble because it’s ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!!!  I’m wondering what the next excuse will be as to why the Z-Fold 4 isn’t receiving the 13 update?  As I posted in another column, It probably has to do with them worrying about decimating their corporate structure and closing all their stores….yet, another example of how they care so much about their customers!!!  Funny how they get to the #2 spot in the Mobile Carrier “races” and they start to relax on their laurels and forget about who got them to where they are!!!  The Customers!!!  It’s really too bad because they’re going to losea whole S***LOAD of customers within the next year.  I’ve only been with them since 2012 and I’ve alreay went with a different home internet carrier, even paying more money...It also looks like I won’t last another year with them as far as my cell service is concerned.  It’s really too bad too!!!  Oh well, such is life!!  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Z Fold 4 Unlocked. Just got it this morning (downloading right now, 18 January 2023, 514am CENTRAL)