Solved

Samsung Phones not ringing

Badge +1

My son and I are both having issues with our Samsung Phones receiving calls.  A Note 8  and a Note 10+.  Either they are not ringing at all and going right to voicemail or they ring, but unless you’re looking at your phone, you’d never know you were getting a call.  There is no ring to notify us of calls. Yes, sound is turned on.  We have tried toggling on and off wi-fi calling doesn’t make a difference.  Please help, this has been going on for like a month. The fact that we’re both having this issue, lets me know it isn’t just our devices.

icon

Best answer by yoohoo422 9 June 2023, 20:48

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

seeing as how you both have a Samsung phone the issue could still be device related..

if you guys leave the area by say 5+ miles in any direction...do  you regain ringing?

Badge +1

No. It is happening at home and when we’re out and about

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

then its pointing back at the phones still. if it improved once you left the area then that would point at network...or if it started working fine once you were on wifi calling. either of you perform a network reset? keep in  mind that if you have NOT done this before you’ll have to sign back into things like wifi and such..but it’ll clear any saved up data the phone stores like network info etc and then forces it to search out completely new connections.

might start with a simple power down for maybe 3-5 minutes then turn it back on and then retest.

Badge +1

How do you do a network reset?  We have powered off so many times it’s ridiculous.  We’ve been trying to troubleshoot but nothing is working.  So I’m okay with a network reset if it will help

Badge +1

Actually I just googled this. I’m going to give it a try

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Either they are not ringing at all and going right to voicemail or they ring, but unless you’re looking at your phone, you’d never know you were getting a call.

Badge +1

Okay I did to the network reset. My phone vibrated but did not ring,  and sound is turned up

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so now it vibrates for the ring but no actual audible sound along with it? multiple vibrating or just once then over to VM?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The Note 8 does not support VoLTE so calls will go straight to voicemail.  The Note 10+ should, if it was purchased from T-Mobile.  If it was not purchased from T-Mobile, the VoLTE implementation is more than likely not compatible with T-Mobile's implementation, which is the stock Android version.  Verizon and AT&T as examples,, use proprietary implementations of VoLTE that are not compatible with other carriers.

Badge +1

Here is what seems to have finally worked for me.  I did the network reset, then I switched off of 5g down to 3g, and then I went into ringtones and picked a tmobile ringtone, rather than one I had downloaded.  My phone finally rings for the 1st time in a month!

For my son with his Note 8, he put in a new SIM card, and that did the trick for him.   So from your help and what I've researched there is no 1 answer to this issue.