Question

Sept 1 2023 update broke wifi

• 30 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

As the title suggests, the sept 1 2023  carrier update broke my wifi on my Fold 2 5G.  I am no longer able to enable it.

I was checking my morning mail, got the update notification and ran it while getting ready for work.  When I got into my car android auto wasn’t working so I figured the update just messed up something so I plugged it in.  Once at work I tried to enable wifi and it failed.  So I’m 99.9% sure the update caused this.

There is no option to rollback the update, though I did read that there was a secondary update sept 3rd or 5th, I don’t remember specifically what date so I’m hoping that will resolve the issue whenever it’s pushed.  I’ve tried booting the phone into safe mode but the wifi will still not enable.

I’ve got unlimited data so I’m not concerned about my bill, however this is very inconvenient as I do need to be on my work wifi in order to access certain things.  I’m curious if this is a known issue or anyone else has come across this.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried a network reset?  Doing so will reset all of your devices wireless connections so you will have to recreate the connection to WiFi, which usually resolves the issue.  

Badge

Hey thanks for that, forgot about that.  No that didn’t take care of it.