Question

T-Mobile says no phone received in warehouse

• 16 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I sent my OnePlus 9 5g defective phone by UPS on September 25 2021.  I have a confirmation from UPS that my phone was received in Fort Worth TX on September 30 2021.  Each month starting in October 2021 I have contacted T-Mobile to find out where my phone was,  Also I was being and still am being charged for a defective phone.  In October, November, December, January, February and March I contacted T-Mobile to say that I don’t have this phone.  Each month I was given a discount off my T-Mobile bill.  On March 13 2022 Danni called me.  Danni said that no phone was received.  I then asked to speak to a supervisor.  I spoke to a man supervisor(don’t know the name) who explained many times that when a phone is sent back the phone will be scanned into the system.  My phone was never scanned in.  The solution presented to me was that I will pay for the entire phone.  I just contacted UPS and spoke to Main.  Main said I should contact T-Mobile.  Also I am so angry and I am on a fixed income 

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I sent my OnePlus 9 5g defective phone by UPS on September 25 2021.  I have a confirmation from UPS that my phone was received in Fort Worth TX on September 30 2021.  Danni said that no phone was received.

You’re not the only one.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I would contact UPS and T-Mobile upper management and inform them you are filing a Police Report about the stolen device. You have confirmation the device was delivered so the issue should not be on you to correct. Also, I would contact the BBB of each state.

Just went through this myself and finally (hopefully) got it resolved. I ordered a Samsung Flip4, UPS lost it, T-Mobile continued charging me monthly and wouldn’t refund the tax I paid when I ordered it online. 

In total it took 6 calls, but hopefully this advice helps you all do it in fewer.

First: Open a claim with UPS. They will tell you the sender has to, but you can have it opened on behalf of the sender. This will get things to a resolution (more on this later). Create a UPS account so you can login and see the status of the claim by tracking number.

Second: You will not get a callback, and “escalation” is meaningless. The person on the phone CAN reverse any line charges in your monthly bill, so don’t let them say no. But until the phone is fully removed from your account, you’ll have to do this monthly. This is where you have to wait for the UPS claim to complete and resolve that the phone is LOST. 

Third: Call T-Mobile. You’ll find out it’s up to the warehouse to scan in the lost phone and issue a refund. It’s their return policy and it breaks down when the phone is lost by UPS. No phone, no scan. So you need to ask for a manager, and you’ll get a supervisor. They’ll say the same “make a note/ticket” that has no real resolution. They’re too disconnected from “the warehouse”. So this is where you mention that you “are on FairShake dot com and one click away from filing for arbitration”. Tell the supervisor to make sure that’s in the notes and to send it directly up the ladder.

Last: This is where hopefully a manager calls you back a bit later. The manager will open a ticket that asks for “manual removal of the device”. This is also where opening that claim with UPS really matters. You can prove you never had the phone. They’ll reverse any charges for the line too.

Interestingly, if you chat with the manager a bit, you’ll find out that this exact scenario is happening a lot. UPS is losing a LOT of phones, especially iPhones. (Sounds like UPS employee theft, but that’s just a hunch and not an accusation). T-Mobile is currently in active discussions with UPS to force them to fix their problem or they’ll find a new delivery provider.

Hopefully this helps the rest of you... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you sent the device in through UPS.  Did you pay to have a signature required?  Did you follow the instructions properly and include the RMA slip inside of the box with the device?

T-Mobile customer service is horrible! Returned a brand new iPhone 14 (son decided to keep his old iPhone 12) through UPS in October 2022. T-Mobile claims it never received it even though I have delivery confirmation that it was delivered to their warehouse. Been calling 2 times a month in order to get it resolved to no avail. They are telling me the phone was not in the package and it's UPS' responsibility and to file a claim with them. UPS says I can't file a claim since it's after the 60-day limit. So I'm out $2000 for a phone I don't even have. I have been a T-Mobile customer for almost 20 years and have 9 lines on my account, which I pay almost $500 a month ($6000 + a year). A disgrace of a company to treat a long-time customer. This month's payment is the last I am giving them! Off to a new carrier. 

If you have any disputes about your trade-ins do not call 611 customer service.  They will not help you. 

Private message the T-mobile official page on Facebook or Twitter.  That goes to a another group responsible for interfacing with customer via social media called T-Force that has executive level responsibility that is way above customer service. 

I spent 2 hours with T-mobile’s 611 customer service speaking to several managers who told me that my phone arrived damaged (which is BS because I packaged it in the original iPhone box, bubble wrapped it around that box and placed it in another box).  The Customer Service people said there was nothing they could do except give me a one time $200 credit on my bill for my trouble.  When I asked for proof of the damaged phone, they said they had no pictures and no way of contacting anyone at the Assurance warehouse to verify it.  They said $200 was all they could offer me.  No shipping my phone back and no fixing the situation or verifying it.

However - when I messaged T-force through FB, they immediately fixed the problem, and said that they could see that it was a system error on their end and my monthly credits had been stopped by mistake.  My phone was not marked as damaged, and they apologized for the mistake.  My monthly credits have now been reinstated and they let me keep the $200 statement credit for all of my troubles.

Badge

Last July, I had a phone that wasn’t charging, I was sent a replacement and was told a charger would come with it, there was no charger so I went to the Tmobile store and bought one just to find out that the original phone worked with that charger so I sent the replacement phone back. When my October bill came, there was a charge for the full amount of the phone on there. I called and was told it would have to be paid because the phone wasn’t returned. I paid it at the time so my service wouldn’t get shut off Now, after 4 months of fighting with Tmobile and being promised a refund(they finally found the phone I returned), I am being told that it is a valid charge because I didn’t return the original phone, so bottom line is I have a monthly payment for the phone plus I already paid the full amount, and for my 4 months of being lied to and countless hours on the phone, I can have $100 credit on my bill. I guess they would rather lose money over the long run when I switch carriers instead of fixing this because I made the huge mistake of sending them back a brand new phone that they can resell. And on top of that, it took them until today to tell me that was the reason they wouldn’t refund it.