Question

T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling on lock screen S10+

• 17 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

For the last several weeks, on my lock screen on the Samsung S10+, instead of just saying T-Mobile on the stop of the screen, it scrolls T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling. But I have Wi-Fi calling turned off. This started a few weeks ago and I have not been able to find a way to stop that in any settings on the phone, or on a Google search about the topic.

Anyone know what do do?

Below is a screen shot. But since it scrolls (right to left) you only see part of the message.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

once you turn wifi calling on does the message go away or does it stay up there?

Badge

Turning on/off Wi-Fi calling makes no difference. Turning off my Wi-Fi does until I turn it back on. Then I get the message again on the lock screen. Seems like some kind of strange bug.

Same situation with my S22 ultra. Wifi calling is off but getting “T-Mobile Wifi Calling” message on lock screen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

turn wifi calling back on. then go into its settings and update your 911 location. wonder if its some weird bug where thats needing to be updated again.

I have updated 911 but it didn’t change. Still getting “T-Mobile Wifi Calling” message on lock screen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

this has gotta be some weird Samsung bug or something. i have never had that on my lock screen or anywhere on my LG device. or any prior to that..none were Samsung.