Question

Tmobile Revvl 6 Pro 5G loses cellular connection after November OS update

• 29 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I purchased the Revvl 6 Pro 5G a few months ago, and everything for the most part has been working great until the last few weeks after taking the recent November 2022 security update. Ever since that update my phone will randomly drop all cellular service (it shows signal, but no data, no speed, just full bars. No 5G, 5GUW, 4GLTE, etc) This also means I lose all data and voice service during this time. I cannot place calls, cannot send or get SMS or MMS messages.

when I reboot my phone, I’ll get service back for 10 minutes or so and then it drops again, After a few reboots it’ll come back for a few days, but then randomly, service is gone again.

I’ve tried a factory reset of my device and setting it back up from my Google account backups, but that still doesn’t seem to help.

I have a brand new SIM card that was installed the same day I purchased the device, so I doubt my SIM is failing.

Is there any menus I can access that have diagnostic features? has anyone else encountered this? I know with recent android you can’t roll back an update anymore once you have a faulty one.

4 replies

I have the exact same issue after an update in December...I have to switch between airplane mode and it will work for 15-30 minutes until I have to do it again. It might be since I'm moving and picking up different cell towers ...almost feel every new cell tower drops my data connection until I force reconnect with the airplane mode.

Badge

Possibly related to this 

I suspect something happened with IMS registration. It could be related to specific tower(s) in the area.​​​​​

Go to Setting - System - Advance - Reset Options - Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth. 

Go to Setting - System - Advance - Reset Options - Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth. 

Hopefully this is the silver bullet to kill this issue…

I bought this phone about 5 months ago, and have been plagued with the spotty connection since unboxing it. Toggling airplane mode works for all of 10 minutes, if that. Restarting has been the best soft fix, but even that doesn't last.

I've legitimately considered moving back to my old phone because of this. It's battery sucks, but at least it can maintain a network connection...