Question

Unable to perform software update on Galaxy s22 Ultra

• 8 September 2022
  • 13 replies

Badge

When trying to perform a software update on my Galaxy s22 Ultra I consistently get the following message:

Couldn’t download update

The server has reached its daily download limit. Try again later or update using Smart Switch on your computer.

Tried to reset the cache partition and rebooting with no success. It’s been happening for nearly 2 weeks now. Have attempted to update via wifi and through the tmobile network.

13 replies

Facing same issue with my Note 20 Ultra. Is it a bug or something is wrong with my handset?
Due to this my games and apps are also crashing. My facebook app is also crashing midway whenever I try to comment. My games are crashing. Mini Militia 2 screen is not opening, Pubg is crashing after every 5 minutes. Snapchat is not working in dark mode

Badge

Here’s an update:

• Spoke to TMobile support. They had me go through the same steps as before (reboot, wipe cache partition, etc). As expected nothing worked and they asked me to try a hard reset before replacing the device through the warranty. Didn’t try the hard reset and a warranty replacement was equally as painful so I didn’t want to go that path until I was sure there was no other way.
  • Tried to update via Smart Switch. On the first try the phone wouldn’t be recognized by my computer so I had to reinstall the device drivers a couple of times. On the next try it connected and I was able to start the update via Smart Switch. During the installation step it failed because it said the device couldn’t recognize the “update mode”. It instructed me to restart the device and try again.
  • Restarted the phone and it again wouldn’t connect to Smart Switch. Randomly I decided to try and update the normal way just through the phone. This time it worked - I have no explanation why it did.
  • After the update finished, I tried to see if my phone can still hit the update servers. Luckily, it was able to and it accurately told me my phone is up to date.

Very bizarre sequence of events! Trying the update via Smart Switch may be a way to either get the update and/or reset the connection between the device and the update servers.

Thank you I’ll follow the steps. Maybe they’ll for me as well

Had the same problem on my S22+ for the last few days. Today I did several power offs in a row. I held down the volume key and power to recovery mode. Didn't wipe partition or factory reset, I just chose restart to bootloader, it restarted but appeared to be the same as a regular restart. After 2 of those and a few regular shut downs and restarts, I immediately went to the software update settings. Worked fine and started the download and now I'm updated. 

Userlevel 1

Facing same issue with my Note 20 Ultra. Is it a bug or something is wrong with my handset?
Due to this my games and apps are also crashing. My facebook app is also crashing midway whenever I try to comment. My games are crashing. Mini Militia 2 screen is not opening, Pubg is crashing after every 5 minutes. Snapchat is not working in dark mode

That sure doesn't sound anything to do with the lack of an update. 

Due to this my games and apps are also crashing. My facebook app is also crashing midway whenever I try to comment. My games are crashing. Mini Militia 2 screen is not opening, Pubg is crashing after every 5 minutes. Snapchat is not working in dark mode

That sure doesn't sound anything to do with the lack of an update. 

Do you think it might be because of the rooted device?

Due to this my games and apps are also crashing. My facebook app is also crashing midway whenever I try to comment. My games are crashing. Mini Militia 2 screen is not opening, Pubg mobile PC is crashing after every 5 minutes. Snapchat is not working in dark mode

I had the same problem as you and I was very sad, because I couldn't play PUBG MOBILE

I would suggest to ensure you have enough internal storage to accept the update and then also try Samsung Smartswitch. Also try updating on mobile data or Wi-Fi to see if it completes on one or the other. As long as your using the phone's settings , software updates section the phone should complete the update.

Best wishes

I hope you got the answer

Your problem is solved.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

use smart switch to update as wick mentions.  Often it’ll fix the bug that is happening to you guys.  This has happened quite a few times from the s6 to current devices from time to time.

thanks @tidbit  

you agree with me.

I would propose to guarantee you have sufficient inside stockpiling to acknowledge the update and afterward additionally attempt the Samsung Smart switch. I also face this issue in my mobile while I was doing a job at home builder melbourne.Additionally you have a go at refreshing on versatile information or Wi-Fi to check whether it finishes on either. However long you're utilizing the telephone's settings, programming refreshes segment the telephone ought to finish the update.

Still you have a issue tag me hare!