Unable to Send MMS

• 18 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I had a problem sending any text with a photo. Called tech support and they required me to reset my network - a headache, because that requires me to have to setup some other connections. Well, I reset the network two days ago. The problem has returned and I cannot send messages with photos. Why is this an issue and how can it be resolved once and for all?

UPDATE:

• Read some of the other posts. I decided to turn wifi off and the MMS sent just fine.
  • When I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile, I had issues receiving calls. T-Mobile told me that the tower pointing to my home is blocked. Ever sense 5G towers were installed in my area, cell service has not been great. I switched several carriers within months, thinking it was the carrier (Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Consumer Cellular). T-Mobile really went above and beyond to help me resolve the issue. It took about three months, and everything was working for about two months. The recommendation was to purchase T-Mobile’s  home cell. It seemed to solve the problem with not receiving or being able call out. The solution means I would only connect via 4G, not 5G when home and must use wifi.
  • When I turned off wifi, I discovered that I have 5G with 5 bars.I have never had 5 bars with 5G. I had one bar at best, and sometimes none. I don’t know how that happened or if with will last. But, I will leave wifi off to see if I can send/receive MMS without any problems, and also receive/send calls with wifi off.
  • By the way, I brought my Samsung A53 device from Verizon to T-Mobile when I switched. T-Mobile is the only carrier that went the extra mile to resolve the issue, and even credited me for the months that I had problems, since they started the first month that I switched to T-Mobile. I think the is not necessarily carrier related, given that I have had three different ones. It is also not the device, because it worked fine before 5G towers. Carriers will tell you to buy their phone, but I think it is a tower issue given that I have had four carriers within a three or four-month span. Just venting. Hopefully my ranting will can help someone else troubleshoot their MMS issue! Everything appears to be working … for now. Fingers crossed! Let’s just go back to rotary/landlines … the basics! LOL

2 replies

Why would I want to use my data up when I have wifi. I like to save my data for when I am away from home. Sending a photo text over wifi is impossible on my A51. I can make and receive wifi calls and texts as long as no pics. I can receive all other data over wifi but not text with pics. Because of this I have no data left to use when away from home. Not cool tmobile I've been a loyal user since your begenning.

Badge

My plan is unlimited data, so using wifi/mobile data is not an issue. However, T-Mobile has provided a solution that is actually working for me, and has worked for a couple of months now. T-Mobile:

• Provided me with a Mobile Cell Spot for my home. So, now I have five bars on my device at all times 4G or 5G
  • Credited me the monthly fee until they resolved the issue
  • Credited me for the Mobile Cell Spot equipment since it took a while to resolve

No dropped calls or issues with the service. T-Mobile resolved the issue, finally. It took months, but the frustration is finally over. No other carrier attempted to go the extra mile. However, I cannot imagine that there are no others in my area complaining about their carriers. Happy customer now! :-)