Question

unable to send or receive texts from Android devices

• 14 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

just switched to T Mobile, and using our old iPhones with new Sim cards until new ordered iphones come in.  

We are now unable to send or receive texts from Android devices.  

This is a very real problem as we care for elderly parent and siblings all have Android devices.

Please help as we cannot wait for 2 weeks without being able to communicate with siblings in other cities.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if im remembering correctly there has been a on again off again issue between android and apple when it comes to texting. from what i remember you have to go into your imessage and i think switch to sms only or something along those lines.

for the life of me i cant think of anyone in here that has had to do it.. or maybe it was turn off imessage.

shoot..uhm… @syaoran  do you by chance remember? i know something had to be either changed on the iphone side or turned off..i cant think of anyone of the main posters in here that have an iphone lol. @tidbits maybe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Using something other than iMessgae for texts is the only way I know of.  Apple and Google purposely make it difficult to text between their platforms.  I don't think Apple is ever going to natively embrace RCS because they purposely fuel division with their colors to define platforms, always blaming the other and Google has made a huge mess of RCS lately with updates.  

I have an android, and about 1 out of 50 or so texts do not go through to iphone users on other networks.  Never had this problem with ATT, Sprint, Verizon. Started when I joined Tmobile two years ago.  Plans have been messed up, deals lost, ect. People think I’m ghosting them while they think I am ghosting them.   Leaving T mobile soon, not worth the low price.