unfair practice

Badge

Having been a customer for several years now I find this change of payment to be a form of discrimination. We do not wish to alter our plan of payment either to debt or bank account.

I’m mystified as to why our credit card payment isn’t good enough for you.

Losing the discount when you are guaranteed our monthly payment without hesitation in my opinion is not good business and certainly not good customer relations.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately in the terms and conditions Tmobile can make this change.

Badge

Apparently, it makes it easier on there end by doing it that way which is certainly not keeping the customers preference in mind.

The credit card method has worked well in the past at T-Mobile and it works well for many other business.

I feel those of us that were offered this discount at the beginning of our contracts was probably a come on that once we were established as a loyal customer that they would then drop the hammer in hopes we would just succumb to the change. This method surprises me from a Company that at the time I thought was one that was customer oriented...   

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I don't disagree with you but it's their option to change their billing preference dut to the credit card companies processing fee of 6%. I still get my taxes paid for on my plan with Tmobile.

Badge

To make things simpler I have decided to switch carriers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Make sure you compare plans. Good luck.

Badge

Thanks Gramps. I went with Consumer Cellular. so far so good!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For me I had 2 lines of unlimited talk, text and data with autopay with tax included for $60 but now it goes to $70 and I don't think there's any of the other 2 big carriers that can match that price.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks Gramps. I went with Consumer Cellular. so far so good!!

Best wishes with that.

The totals shown here are costs for your monthly service only. They do not include any taxes and fees. Plans include a $5 monthly credit for participation in AutoPay and E-Billing.

On unlimited data plans, access to high speed data will be reduced after 50GB of use, and you will experience slower speeds for the remainder of your billing cycle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

color me curious but how exactly would this be considered discrimination ? are they targeting people with this by race? age perhaps? disability? what and who exactly is it discriminating against?

Why would anyone want to to tie a debit card or bank account to this company that had a data breach in 2022?  At least with a credit card you  have protection with the credit card company.  They want to charge me $15.00 per month more (at the time I signed they said the rate would never go up) amazing since I know a large company like t-mobile makes deals with the cc company's and it only cost them a fraction of what they want to charge me....unbelievable to me and I will be looking to change carriers. 

Badge

The mistake I made is when I bought my Samsung S22 at Costco and the T Mobile people that have there store there was they never told me that the phone was locked by T Mobile and when I decided to go with Consumer Cellular It has been a nightmare. Even though we finally put in a new Sime card T Mobile was still lurking inside the phone.

So to end my frustrations I bought a new phone and made sure it was an unlocked one and opted to go with AT&T.

Costco should be aware, if there not already, that this in my opinion is not good business.

I haven’t received the new phone yet as they send it to you and you then take it to the techs at the Target store and they set it all up for you.

So far this has been a pleasant outing with Target and hopefully all will workout.

If not I will let you all know.

I can’t’ believe that just buying a phone and getting service has become such an ordeal and expensive.

Bottom line is when you buy a new phone make sure its not locked and you can transfer to a different carrier when you want to.

I learned the hard way. 

I bought a new Google Pixel.

Wish me Luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The mistake I made is when I bought my Samsung S22 at Costco and the T Mobile people that have there store there was they never told me that the phone was locked by T Mobile and when I decided to go with Consumer Cellular It has been a nightmare. Even though we finally put in a new Sime card T Mobile was still lurking inside the phone.

So to end my frustrations I bought a new phone and made sure it was an unlocked one and opted to go with AT&T.

Costco should be aware, if there not already, that this in my opinion is not good business.

I haven’t received the new phone yet as they send it to you and you then take it to the techs at the Target store and they set it all up for you.

So far this has been a pleasant outing with Target and hopefully all will workout.

If not I will let you all know.

I can’t’ believe that just buying a phone and getting service has become such an ordeal and expensive.

Bottom line is when you buy a new phone make sure its not locked and you can transfer to a different carrier when you want to.

I learned the hard way. 

I bought a new Google Pixel.

Wish me Luck. 

For future reference all carrier phones are sold as locked.

They treat u horrible if u used to be sprint. My neighbor who is original t mobil customer is not getting this charge. When internet deal first came out for $25 a month, i told her and she got deal but i was denied cause I had been sprint

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you mean because you still had a Sprint account and hadnt fully switched over to a TMO account yet?