Question

Unfortunately, LG IMS has stopped.

• 23 May 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I spoke with T-mobile, they are aware of this but the problem is with LG. I then spoke with LG, they’re aware of the problem & said they are working to fix the problem. If your phone is NOT fixed by monday to call them. (LG) 833 378 0003 

5 replies

Mine finally stopped doing it like 20 mins ago. I hope it don't happen again.

My Phone never recovered by itself but this worked

WiFi off, airplane mode on <apps> drop down menu to <show system> <com.lge.ims.rcsprovider> <storage> <clear cache> <clear data> back one screen <force stop> airplane mode off

This is taking too long.  C’mon T-Mobile get it fixed.  News networks need to be made aware of this problem.

Clearing the data in com.lge.ims.rcsprovider as detailed above worked for me this morning but not yesterday.  This seems to clearly be a T-Mobile generated problem which may have been fixed overnight.  Maybe LG had something to do with it but I doubt it since they haven’t updated the OS since 2019.  In any event, most of us bought the phones from T-Mobile in the first place.  Snafus happen.  The question becomes how does a company handle it.  Many people were greatly inconvenienced by this issue.  I wasted hours yesterday on ineffective fixes including phone resets and have spent more time today undoing those ineffective fixes.  If T-Mobile had acknowledged the problem early and just said “be patient, we working on it” it would have saved an awful lot of bother.   I get a lot of unsolicited texts from them all the time.  It would have been nice to get something useful!  Many, including me were considering buying a new phone and some undoubtedly did.  Today, I*’m still considering a new phone, but also a new carrier, even though I’ve been with T-Mobile well over 20 years.  If they want to treat customers right, they should issue an apology and offer something such as a free month of service to those so inconvenienced by yesterday’s FUBAR.

Userlevel 3

"LG IMS has stopped working" popup every 4 seconds rendering T-mobilr/LG phones almost unusable!

Monday May 23 1:30p ET finally got through to T-mobile tech support again now after 24 hours ---T-mobile engaged in criminal act, They are offering 2 solutions while blaming LG (phone functions fine and browses perfectly with T-MOBILE SIM CARD REMOVED (LESS PHONE/TEXT).

T-MOBILE SAYS:

1) FACTORY RESET ---do not do...does not work

OR

2) They will swap you a REVVL 5G phone for ‘free’ after ‘refundable upfront costs (and of course a contract)

UNACCEPTABLE!

They are illegally forcing the retirement of 3Gand 4G phones to up-sell customers to the (cheaper for them to run), 5G phones which may be more dangerous and are not as good quality or features as our LG phones. The REVVL phones have permanent batteries which go bad in a year. My LG has a superior low light camera.

I want only a phone with a replaceable battery like both my LG V20 phones with enhanced audio

JUST FIX THE DELIBERATE PROBLEM AND GO PUBLIC WITH IT.

Time for us to call each State Attorney General and demand an investigation.