Question

Urgently need latest SPL for corporate/work account compliance

• 5 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

My 250,000+ corporate employer just blocked all corporate network access to Android Phones without the most recent Android SPL May'22. Can we get this rolled out ASAP on Galaxy S10 (I currently have April '22 while Google has rolled out one for August '22 as well)? When can we expect it?  Apparently the security issues found were so risky that Corporate IT acted immediately/urgently to require it (normally there's a rolling 1 to 2 month window after Google releases to require the fix). Was hoping TMobile would allow me staying compliant with prompt SPL updates but will consider switching to another network if this isn't addressable in a timely manner.

Thanks for your consideration and help!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

speak with Samsung..theyre the ones that kick out said updates..carriers have very little to do with security patches since they dont want to botch them up.

Samsung has already published the update up until August, so I guess it is pending with T mobile now Samsung Mobile Security  This is a pain point with T mobile which happens at least once every year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you checked on Odin to see if you can download it.

What is odin? Not familiar with it

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Odin is Samsungs upgrade tool.

Odin