Question

Voicemail issues

• 19 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have had t-mobile for decades. I just got a new phone and I can’t set up voicemail. (This happened with my last phone, too. Both are Google Pixels, last one was a 3 XL, new one is a 6a. The only instructions I can find tell me to call voicemail. The only options I get when I do are to either enter my # for my current voicemailbox, or leave a message for someone else’s number. When I enter my #, it tells me that it’s invalid. Any suggestions?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is this through the dial in VM or through the visual voicemail app itself? and was the phone purchased from TMO or other?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Visual Voicemail is built into the Google Dialer.  It should walk you through setting it up from the voicemail tab in the dialer.

Badge

When I go to my phone screen, it has “favorites” “recents” “contacts” and “voicemail” at the bottom of the screen. When I tap on “voicemail”, it brings me to a screen that says “can’t activate visual voicemail” at the top. Below that it says “You can still call to check voicemail”. Below that are two links: “try again” and “call voicemail”. When I tap “try again” it reloads the screen I am on. When I click “call voicemail” it calls voicemail, and I am back to the two options in my original post. 

I have had t-mobile for decades. I just got a new phone and I can’t set up voicemail. (This happened with my last phone, too. Both are Google Pixels, last one was a 3 XL, new one is a 6a. The only instructions I can find tell me to call voicemail. The only options I get when I do are to either enter my # for my current voicemailbox, or leave a message for someone else’s number. When I enter my #, it tells me that it’s invalid. Any suggestions?

Did this ever get resolved? After my mom changed her phone number she is having the exact same issue. Dial voicemail then # then enter 10 digit phone number. After entering the phone number it says that it's invalid. She didn't change carriers or phones just her phone number.