Question

Voicemails Deleted Spontaneously without calling

• 13 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

My phone showed a notification that I had a new voicemail, despite the fact that I had the ringer on and it hadn’t rung. It automatically called my voice mailbox and I heard in rapid succession,

“You have five saved messages”

“You have four saved messages”

“You have three saved messages”

“You have two saved messages”

“You have one saved message”

It then automatically hung up.

It was as if my phone was being remotely controlled. I called T-Mobile customer service and got the impression the representative didn’t understand me and thought that this was user error.

I have a Samsung 21 FE. I typically backup any special messages, but had a few I hadn’t yet saved. Does anyone know of a way to retrieve these?

UPDATE:

The exact same thing just happened to my husband’s phone, which is also a Samsung 21 FE. He didn’t press any numbers or hang up. Voicemail automatically called, quickly deleted his 7 saved messages including some from our grandson, and automatically hung up.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Once voicemails are deleted they can't be recovered.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thr messages are saved for a time period and not permanently. It tells you when you save how long they are saved for when you hit save. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have had that happen when holding the phone with my face and shoulder when I didn't have a free hand when the dialpad was still up.  It can also happen if you have a tempered glass screen protector or case is a little loose on the device, causing ghost touches.