Solved

VZW S5 SM-G900V to use on T-Mobile

• 20 November 2016
  • 12 replies

Hi All,

I have a VZW Samsung S5 phone and I am trying to use T-Mobile sim on it. I am able to make/receive phone calls and text but data does not works. I called t-mobile customer support and they asked to setup the APN as per below settings which I did but it still does not works. If anyone can help me on this issue it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Name: T-Mobile US LTE
  • APN:fast.t-mobile.com
  • Proxy: <Not set>
  • Port: <Not set>
  • Username: <Not set>
  • Password: <Not set>
  • Server: <Not set>
  • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
  • Multimedia message proxy: <Not set>
  • Multimedia message port: <Not set>
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 260
  • Authentication type: None
  • APN type: default, mms, supl
  • APN protocol: IPv6
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • Turn APN on/off: APN turned on
  • Bearer: Unspecified
  • Mobile virtual network operator type: None
  • Mobile virtual network operator value: <Not set>
icon

Best answer by jhstone 23 November 2016, 01:00

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they have taken 3G away which is what your phone would need in order to make a call. or at least theyre currently shutting it down. so whatever device you decide to use would need to have VoLTE capabilities..TMOs variant of it at least.

Hi I had followed the set up of APN and I got $G lighted up and able to received the text only but not the call. Is anyone can help me with that? I know this phone is outdated but I just want to use it for my second phone to received a call and text for my buisness number. Please help

Badge +1

dig up my old samsung and decided it to put into use and your post made my day….thank you.

Nearly three years later and your post is still providing just the help needed. I had struggled with this for days and even tried a new sim card at the T-Mobile store. The store said when he looked up the ESN he "discovered" that the frequencies were incompatible with some changes being made for 5G rollout. I knew there must be a fix, and you provided it. Changing Bearer to LTE is what provided the magic, although I thought it was another dead end at first because the 4G indicator still didn't light up. When I rebooted the phone (powered off and back on again) for a different reason voila, the 4G indicator lit up like a Christmas tree.

Thanks!

I was going nuts -- had spent a large chunk of yesterday on FB with some very helpful people and nothing worked.  But you did.  Thanks!  Now I don't have to send my phone back and start over.

thanks, it worked for me also t mobile should edit there help sites to this as I followed their site to the T and nothing but did this and it works perfectly now you don't know how much this helped me out!

Ok, spent an hour with 'tech'. After we ended with no fix. I found the fix my accident. I had my VZW S5 setting WITHOUT SPACES (default,supl,mms) . Then I tried it WITH SPACES, (default, supl, mms) and it worked and my ' 4G ' is lighted up and bright and the data now works, I also did the 'bearer' to LTE.

This was perfect, thanks!

This worked for me, too! Thanks!

Thanks @jhstone​ , setting the Bearer to LTE worked for me as well! 😀

Thanks. It worked.

On my wife's VZW S5, I had to leave the APN protocol on IPv4 and set the Bearer to LTE to get a data connection. You may need to remove the spaces in the APN type as well.