Question

why doesn't my text activity match with how many texts I've actually texted

• 21 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I've been noticing the number of texts on my bill is extremely less than the number of texts I have actually on my phone. Example: for today I've only texted with the primary account holder. I'll say total of 75 texts between us. I look at the activity on the bill for today under his # it only shows we texted a total of 11 times. Under my # it shows a total of 9. And his says he texted me once at 3:41 am when he got to work. Under my # it says he texted me 4 times at different times so it wasn't duplicated. 

He's always used Google messages. I've always used Samsung messages but 2 days ago I switched to Google messages. I'm wondering if it's because of the Google messages app We're both using now. I'd have to back check before 2 days ago and see if that's always been an issue.

Anyone else ever noticed this?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Texts sent over WiFi Calling do not show up on your usage.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

What would be a text over wifi? Is that common? Would that happen when using an app that uses wifi so the texts don't show up on the bill?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What would be a text over wifi? Is that common? Would that happen when using an app that uses wifi so the texts don't show up on the bill?

Texts through apps over WiFi and when WiFi Calling/VoWiFi is enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

its used when signal inside of the house is less than stellar since no carrier will guarantee inside reception.

doubt theyre trying to hide anything from you..

Is there any way to see the texts sent on my 3 devices over wifi on the app, website or bill? I’m assuming this is an iphone to iphone issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

iphone to iphone if theyre using imessage since that uses Apples serves to send/receive. or wifi calling texts since those are not sent over TMOs network but by whichever net provider.

see as in see what was texted to and from or who said texts were from?