Question

Will 7t ever get Android 12?

• 27 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

A couple of weeks ago there was a wave of enthusiasm going all over the Internet regarding OnePlus’ finally updating the 7t to Android 12, followed by a bucket of cold water when the “Internet” realized that that was only for India(!).

When will T-Mobile update the 7t to Android 12? Any rumors? Lemme guess, when Google releases Android 14, right? To my knowledge, Android 12 for the 7t was almost ready 6 months ago ...

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

seeing as how theyre working on 13 for it right now its kind of up in the air. could have sworn the 7/7T received it already and it was tanking devices.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

A couple of weeks ago there was a wave of enthusiasm going all over the Internet regarding OnePlus’ finally updating the 7t to Android 12, followed by a bucket of cold water when the “Internet” realized that that was only for India(!).

When will T-Mobile update the 7t to Android 12? Any rumors? Lemme guess, when Google releases Android 14, right? To my knowledge, Android 12 for the 7t was almost ready 6 months ago ...

India is this turn for closed beta.  There is still a long way to go before all of the non-carrier devices get Android 12, let alone the carrier versions.  It will come when it’s ready. 

Badge

India is this turn for closed beta.  There is still a long way to go before all of the non-carrier devices get Android 12, let alone the carrier versions.  It will come when it’s ready. 

Thank you. Like I said, maybe when Google releases Android 15, we will finally get to experience the “thrill and excitement” of Android 12 on our phones.

As for myself, I’m all done purchasing non-Pixel Android phones. Not even if OnePlus gives their phones away for free will I be touching another one of their phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Android 12 for OnePlus devices has been a disaster.  The merger with OPPO and code merger is a big part of the reason for the delays to all OnePlus devices still eligible for major Is updates.