Question

Z Fold/Flip 3 Android 12 Update

• 5 January 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Samsung advised users of the Fold and flip 3 to ask T-Mobile why they have yet to release the android  12 update.  Verizon and At&t released already and T-Mobile has not. Samsung said they have done their part and now its 100% on T-Mobile.  So what's the hold up?

31 replies

Looks like unlocked phones got the update today.  Locked phones are still in testing and have no eta for release as of yet. 

Looks like unlocked phones got the update today.  Locked phones are still in testing and have no eta for release as of yet. 

The update for locked phones has been released!!!

Downloading now 

I have it now too! I’m on the SM-F711U1

I did upgrade this morning.  But I was very disappointed since still the eSIM is not available with Android 12 on my Galaxy Z Flip3  5G for T-Mobile.  Now I am on One UI version 4.0 with Android 12, but no eSIM capability.

I contacted Samsung tech support and they point finger at T-Mobile.  Amazingly T-Mobile has eSIM turned on for European version but not US version.  I am so fed up with dealing with this issue between Google, Samsung and T-Mobile.  It’s not cool!

Soon these Sim flip workarounds will be useless as they are all heading to esim. My flip 4 is using esim now, apple doesn’t even have a Sim card slot anymore, so everyone is at the mercy of the carrier.