611 is clueless

• 14 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

The power connecter on my I phone is broken, so I used my last bit of battery to call 611 and find out how to talk to someone regarding my options on my computer.  The rep said that I could only get help over the phone.  Yes, the phone that will soon be out of power w/o any way of recharging it.  She didn’t even suggest this site.  So, for the last time, and I mean the LAST time, does T-mobile want my continued business or not?

5 replies

Badge

If I don’t get online help, I will have no phone and therefore ho reason to continue doing business with T-Mobile.  Do you want to help me buy products from you and continue to pay service fees, or should I go elsewhere?  Even Home Depot has online sales staff.  What kind of tech company is this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is a basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation so if you want online support you need to use messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to se if they can help you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

buy a new cable.  Cables are not covered by warranty.  Even if you bought the same phone from Apple they’ll tell you the same thing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

The power connecter on my I phone is broken, so I used my last bit of battery to call 611 and find out how to talk to someone regarding my options on my computer.  The rep said that I could only get help over the phone.  Yes, the phone that will soon be out of power w/o any way of recharging it.

You don’t mention what iPhone model you have, but most iPhones since 2017 have wireless charging capability.  Little need for an actual cord connection to the iPhone to charge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and is it the charging port on the phone that is having the issue or the cable itself?

and thanks for giving TMO an ultimatum to help you or else..i needed a giggle this morning lol.