Question

Apple Watch on Metro by T-Mobile

• 4 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

3 weeks ago, I called customer service to see if I could add an apple watch to my Metro by T-Mobile plan. I was assured that all I had to do was call with the IMEI number and I’d be able to add it. Fast forward to today when I tried to add my newly purchased apple watch and I was told that the network had not been updated to support apple watch. The customer service agent must have heard my jaw drop because he reassured me that this would happen soon (I have no reason to believe this is true since the last customer service agent gave me false information).

So can anyone tell me if Metro by T-Mobile actually supports apple watch? And if not, are there any plans for Metro by T-Mobile to support apple watch?

3 replies

I guess it’s still not supported because it’s been a year and I got the same information from a CSR last month. 

I was told the same exact thing.  I went to the corporate store to swap service. I explained clearly to the young lady that I wanted to add my watch. She told me that she wanted to do one thing at a time and she wanted to start with the phone first. If she knew, she should’ve said something, but she didn’t. After she set me up and all then she throws the bomb and tells me that they don’t. Told me to call Customer Service. Crazy thing is she herself had an Apple Watch and was insistently looking for a Sim card slot on my watch and I told her that it doesn’t have one just like hers.  She looked a little ridiculous when I pointed out that she had a watch as me.  And then she throws the bomb and tells she didn’t know how to do it and told me to call Customer Service. A situation had arised and I had to speak to higher uppers in corporate, and I was assured by a manager that they have been having meetings, and that very soon metro will have Apple Watch capabilities. But I won’t hold my breath on that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

this is also something you would want to ask on the Metro PCS forums and not so much TMOs..TMO might own them however they are ran separately.

https://www.metrobyt-mobile.com/?&cmpid=MTPR_PB_P_PREPDEVRGRN_43700075794032824_654130921883&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuNC-4LmKgwMVi1dHAR35vghgEAAYASAAEgK45PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds