Solved

black list

• 14 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

good evening, I'm from Greece, I bought a mobile  iphone 8splus  from ebay , and I looked it up, it's on a black list

icon

Best answer by gramps28 14 February 2024, 21:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That means it's lost, stolen or has an outstanding balance and the only person who can fix this is the owner of the phone who reported it lost or stolen and if there's an outstanding balance, pay it off.

Badge

Το προβλημα οντως μαλλον οφειλεται απο λογαριασμους και αυτο το εμαθα πληρωνοντας εταιρεια που λενε οτι μεσολαβουν για να καθαρισει ο τηλεφωνο απο την μαυρη λιστα καλος  κακος μπορει να ειμαι αφελης και να αγορασα το τηλεφωνο αλλα να πληρωσω για κατι που χρωσταει αλλος 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Once a phone is blacklisted the carrier needs to remove it when the owner contacts them and pay any past debts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Many phones in the US are sold by carriers on liberal monthly payment schemes and are insured. Some people stop making payments of claim the phone was stolen and sell it having received a replacement phone from insurance. In these cases the carrier blacklists the phone. People in the US are very cautious about buying used phones because of this. 

Badge

If this is the case, the company selling the phone knows who the previous owner was, so according to the phone's registry I can send the payment I made and ask for the claim for loss the money back because they sold it on the market

Badge

So the company trusts a consumer where it markets products of the same company to make a profit at the expense of another consumer because it trusts the branded iphone product and to degrade the country where the product comes from

Badge

If someone from the company sees this conversation I would like to find a solution for the phone that is in another country like Greece I can send the receipt that I bought it from ebay in this way I want to say that I have not stolen the phone but I was deceived by an American citizen

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you bought it from ebay file a claim if it was sold as a working phone.