Question

CALLS REROUTED TO TMOBILE CAN'T MAKE CALLS

• 20 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am a US Army veteran and my case manager at my local VA gave me a phone that the service is paid for every month by them. There are many lines on the account. The bill has been paid. I have had the phone for almost a year.

It is a government account paid for by the government.

My plan reads: “Gov Unlimited 14GBHS No AVD” Billing cycle ends on Aug. 29, 2022

When I send a text message it reads: “Unable to send message - Message Blocking is active.” No matter what number I text, unless it’s another iphone.

When I make a call it reroutes me to t-mobile and it eventually takes me to a live agent, who i spent an hour and a half yesterday away from work with nine different agents and I finally hung up because all the agent continued to say is, “And what would you like me to do for you?”

The account has my name on the line or I wouldn’t be able to be here asking about this. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is the first I’ve heard of a phone for Veterans that’s paid for by the VA. I can only think to ask if data works? It’s an iPhone? That’s why iMessage will send to another iPhone. Can you receive calls? I don’t know how to fix the problem but I might be able to suggest some work-arounds.

Badge

Yeah, my case manager was given 10 iphones to give to veterans. yes, data works, when i try to call it from my google voice number it says the caller can’t receive calls at this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

My first suggestion is to talk with your VA case manager. There may be something they neglected to do. Most of my work-arounds involve loading an app and receiving a verification text. (i.e. Load the Google Voice app) but if you can’t receive a text, that won’t work.

The actual solution is probably so specific to that account that it can probably only be solved by someone in the IT/Communications dept at the VA.