Question

How To Cancel Protection Plans

• 6 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I admit - we are older folks but we aren’t stupid. We had been with Sprint for well over 20 years so we were used to things being handled efficiently. We never had problems with Sprint so when Sprint sold to T-Mobile we thought we would just go with T-Mobile. What a mistake!  Sales people in the local store don’t know what they are doing and tell “fibs” to make sales. I can’t reach anyone on the phone in customer support due to super long wait times. I can’t find a chat option for a human being on the web site. I’ve looked through customer support questions and the option to cancel the plans eludes me. I have been trying to cancel the protection plans on my phones since I became a customer. The sales person at the store never said we were buying these plans. We were told we HAD to sign all papers presented or we would not get the phones.  All I want to do and have wanted since the FIRST bill when I saw I was being charged for protection plans is just to cancel those plans. Cancel the protection plans. That’s it. How can I do this? Why does T-Mobile make it impossible to get a straight answer or even contact people?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter.  They should be able to get that done for you fairly quick. 

I feel the same way about TMobile- I was with Sprint since 1999 and have found this whole migration HORRIBLE!! There is one new thing after another - I have had to call TMobile every month since joining in December 2021a RIDICULOUS! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You use to be able to do this in your Mytmobile account. Just click on your plan,  select add ons then you should be able to cancel from there. It's been a while since I've done it so it may have changed.

I NEVER signed up for T-Mobile’s Protection 360 plan! I was on a call with one person for over an HOUR! They assured me it was cancelled. I checked a week later. IT WAS NOT CANCELLED! Another call with another person for over an hour AGAIN!!  Let’s see what happens THIS time. There is NOT ONE PLACE on their website where you can cancel it yourself. This is BS.

Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter.  They should be able to get that done for you fairly quick. 

HA HA HA, Try try.

I admit - we are older folks but we aren’t stupid. We had been with Sprint for well over 20 years so we were used to things being handled efficiently. We never had problems with Sprint so when Sprint sold to T-Mobile we thought we would just go with T-Mobile. What a mistake!  Sales people in the local store don’t know what they are doing and tell “fibs” to make sales. I can’t reach anyone on the phone in customer support due to super long wait times. I can’t find a chat option for a human being on the web site. I’ve looked through customer support questions and the option to cancel the plans eludes me. I have been trying to cancel the protection plans on my phones since I became a customer. The sales person at the store never said we were buying these plans. We were told we HAD to sign all papers presented or we would not get the phones.  All I want to do and have wanted since the FIRST bill when I saw I was being charged for protection plans is just to cancel those plans. Cancel the protection plans. That’s it. How can I do this? Why does T-Mobile make it impossible to get a straight answer or even contact people?

I NEVER signed up for T-Mobile’s Protection 360 plan! I was on a call with one person for over an HOUR! They assured me it was cancelled. I checked a week later. IT WAS NOT CANCELLED! Another call with another person for over an hour AGAIN!!  Let’s see what happens THIS time. There is NOT ONE PLACE on their website where you can cancel it yourself. This is BS.