Sticky Blog

iPhone 15 Preorder Thread

• 13 September 2023
  • 43 replies
iPhone 15 Preorder Thread
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Apple's iPhone 15 lineup is set to launch on September 22. iPhone enthusiasts have eagerly anticipated it all over the world. In this article, I'll discuss the new iPhone lineup and key features. Keep reading to learn more about this highly anticipated event!

Tech specs and features of the iPhone 15 lineup

The iPhone 15 lineup comes with ceramic shield glass that makes them highly resistant to damage. There is now more room on the screen because they upgraded the old bezel notch to a Dynamic Island which provides alerts and shortcuts to your favorite apps. They also converted to the USB type-C charging port that supports faster charging and data transfer. Keeping safety in mind, Apple also includes two years of emergency SOS and roadside assistance via Satellite on all iPhone 15 models.

Its A16 Bionic chipset makes the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus models faster and more efficient than previous iPhone models. The battery has 100% recycled cobalt and offers all day battery life. Cameras are always a big deal on phones and the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus don’t disappoint. The main camera is 48MP and has 12 MP Telephoto capabilities built in. It also includes an Ultra-wide camera on the back and a true depth front camera.

The iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max differentiate themselves from the others in this lineup with the A17 Pro chip, which takes processing and machine learning power up a notch. Apple says that the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max are the "next level of gaming." These phones also come with some changes in the body with the titanium body in four great colors — Black Titanium, White Titanium, Blue Titanium and Natural Titanium. The Pro models of iPhones always have stronger cameras, and this year is no different. They have a 48 MP main camera with a larger sensor, the wide-angle lens, and a 12MP Telephoto lens with up to 10X zoom and 3-direction stabilization.

Availability and deals

Pre-order for the iPhone 15 lineup begins Friday, September 15, with availability on Friday, September 22.

Discounts are one of the best ways to save money when it comes to purchasing any smartphone. T-Mobile loves offering a variety of deals so that there is something for everyone. You can always check out our active Apple Deals on the T-Mobile website.

To learn more about the device lineup, check out Apple’s Event Video.

You can also view device details and tutorials on T-Mobile’s Support page.

Tell me about the feature you are most excited to try on these beautiful new phones.

Display size: The display has rounded corners within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 6.12 inches (iPhone 15 Pro) or 6.69 inches (iPhone 15 Pro Max) diagonally. Actual viewable area is less. Battery: All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/iphone/battery.html for more information. Roadside Assistance and Emergency SOS via satellite are included for free for two years with the activation of any iPhone 15 model. Connection and response times vary based on location, site conditions, and other factors. See support.apple.com/kb/HT213885 for more information. iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro can detect a severe car crash and call for help. Requires a cellular connection or Wi‑Fi calling. Damage resistance: IPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of iP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty. USB 3 cable with 10Gb/s speed required. The included USB‑C Charge Cable is compatible with AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe Charging Case (USB‑C). Testing conducted by Apple in August 2023 using preproduction iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapter (20W Model A2305). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with settings and environmental factors; actual results will vary.

43 replies

Will preorders begin at 12am EST or 8am EST on the day we can preorder?

Badge

I seen on the T-Mobile website said 5am PT can preorder

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

5 AM PT is going to be 8 AM EST. 

Badge +1

Thank you so much! I can’t wait!! I have a simple technical question about the Pro Max camera system. The specs show optical zoom options .5x, 1x, 2x, and 5x. So if you use the wheel or pinch to zoom and stay anywhere at or below 5x, is that still Optical Zoom? Thanks so much! 

Hi! So I updated by account from Magenta Max to Go5G Next this morning in order to be eligible to upgrade my phone tomorrow morning. However, on the apple website when I try to use the “get ready” function I get a note from T-mobile that I need to choose a new wireless plan to Go5G Plus to be eligible for the trade in/$0 per month promotion. Doesn’t make sense because that would be a downgrade since Next is more expensive and has the annual upgrade option. Anyone else seeing this? I’d love to use the Apple Store vs. T-Mobile site for the pre-order tomorrow morning but wondering if there is a glitch (or maybe timing?)

Badge +1

Can JOD customers upgrade the online or do we need to call? Thanks! 

Hi! So I updated by account from Magenta Max to Go5G Next this morning in order to be eligible to upgrade my phone tomorrow morning. However, on the apple website when I try to use the “get ready” function I get a note from T-mobile that I need to choose a new wireless plan to Go5G Plus to be eligible for the trade in/$0 per month promotion. Doesn’t make sense because that would be a downgrade since Next is more expensive and has the annual upgrade option. Anyone else seeing this? I’d love to use the Apple Store vs. T-Mobile site for the pre-order tomorrow morning but wondering if there is a glitch (or maybe timing?)

To qualify for that carrier deal you have to be on Go5G Plus to qualify. 

@Merv Nope, Go5G Next definitely qualifies per T-Mobile’s press release. Sounds like a bug, @MikeJWA  you may need to do it directly from T-Mobile if Apple’s website doesn’t recognize the plan in the morning.

• Get iPhone 15 Pro on Us (or up to $1000 off any iPhone 15 model) when trading in an eligible device on Go5G Plus or Go5G Next

Thanks! I’ll plan on using the T-Mobile site in a few hours. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Looks like same issues in ordering this year as last year, systems having issues and tried twice and both said supposed to “call me back”….

I pre-ordered the iphone15 on two of our four lines today. We had to upgrade early. Am I able to cancel that upgrade/pre order? I’d honestly rather wait until we have a ready upgrade. I felt very pressured over the phone. 

I moved over to T-mobile last year and traded in for an iPhone 14 for my wife and I. We received a trade in credit on the Magenta Max plan.

If we were to trade in our iPhone 14 for the 15, is this what would happen if we stay on the Magenta Max plan:

1. We pay off remaining balances for our phones. 
  2. We still keep the remaining credits from our 2022 trade in promo for our iPhone 14 phones. 
  3. We then trade in our phones for the iPhone 15 and get $1,000 trade in credits.
  4. We then have the monthly finance fee - the credits that we got from the iPhone 15 promo and the remaining credit promos from our iPhone 14 trade in last year.

Is that right?

And if we were to go with the Go5G Next plan, is the only difference between the above is:

1. We don’t need to pay off remaining balance (as long as we paid 50% of the phone cost already)
  2. We then pay difference in price plan between our old Magenta Max and the new Go5G Next plan. 

Anyone know what upgrading from a 14 Pro 128 to the 15 Pro 128 is costing up front and monthly? I have the original Jump on Demand option on this line. I am seeing conflicting information. Thank you. 

pre ordering suxs. talked to the guy in chat and he said we will give you 1000 for your iPhone 12 pro max and upgrade you to a iPhone 15 pro max but you have to put a down payment of 500$. why the would i put a down payment for a phone tmobile is paying off. i can see paying the differnce from the 1000 trade in to the 1200 price tag which is 234 plus tax but not 500 dollars

pre ordering suxs. talked to the guy in chat and he said we will give you 1000 for your iPhone 12 pro max and upgrade you to a iPhone 15 pro max but you have to put a down payment of 500$. why the would i put a down payment for a phone tmobile is paying off. i can see paying the differnce from the 1000 trade in to the 1200 price tag which is 234 plus tax but not 500 dollars

I know I need to pay taxes on the item. I just get a straight answer with if there is a downpayment. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It seems my issues are due to JOD upgrades having a problem and I’ve tried now five times over the 3+ hours and their systems are having issues. I’ve been promised callbacks but the challenge becomes I will probably get stuck in the backorder once they get the upfront order side fixed…. Ugh, another year of issues on an iPhone launch.

My 13 pro we were trading for for 15 pro. 1000 trade in on a 1000 phone and they want 367$ down payment. FOR WHAT!!!!!! i should only be paying the taxes which is 60$ what is the down payment for? i dont want account credit 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

per this i dont think you’ll be getting $1000 for your 13..unless its a different promo being kicked out.

New & existing customers get iPhone 15 Pro ON US.

Contact us before cancelling account to continue remaining bill credits, or credits stop & balance on required finance agreement is due (e.g., $999.99 – iPhone 15 Pro 128GB). Tax on pre-credit price due at sale. Limited-time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, service, and trade-in (e.g., Save $1000: Apple iPhone 11 Pro / Save $830: Apple iPhone 14 / Save $400: Apple iPhone 7) required. $35 device connection charge due at sale. Up to $1,000 via bill credits; must be active and in good standing to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles. Max 4 discounted devices/account. May not be combinable with some offers or discounts.

per this i dont think you’ll be getting $1000 for your 13..unless its a different promo being kicked out.

New & existing customers get iPhone 15 Pro ON US.

Contact us before cancelling account to continue remaining bill credits, or credits stop & balance on required finance agreement is due (e.g., $999.99 – iPhone 15 Pro 128GB). Tax on pre-credit price due at sale. Limited-time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, service, and trade-in (e.g., Save $1000: Apple iPhone 11 Pro / Save $830: Apple iPhone 14 / Save $400: Apple iPhone 7) required. $35 device connection charge due at sale. Up to $1,000 via bill credits; must be active and in good standing to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles. Max 4 discounted devices/account. May not be combinable with some offers or discounts.

iPhone 13 pro is qualified for 1000$ per there rep and website

So I am pretty confused about the benefit of the old Jump at this point. They are telling me it is $249.99 up front to switch. $28 per month which is ok. The up front seems much higher than I remember

I see on the website the estimated ship date for an iPhone 15 Pro is September 22nd, but is there a possibility that the phone might actually arrive that date (launch day)?

So I am pretty confused about the benefit of the old Jump at this point. They are telling me it is $249.99 up front to switch. $28 per month which is ok. The up front seems much higher than I remember

we all are confused. im trying to figure out how 1000$ = 1300$

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I finally got both of my JOD upgrades processed however one of the devices has a $35 device connection charge and the other does not. Seems odd on an upgrade I am being charged for a device connection (eSIM device) and should I contest this?

Is the pre-order updated limited to a certain number of lines on an account? I have 4 lines and the system allowed only 3 of them to get the $1000 upgrade allowance. For the 4th one, I am getting the following error:

“Sorry, we're not able to offer vou
monthlv pavments right now. Please
pav in full to proceed. or contact us
a+ [1-800-937-8997]”

and it’s asking me to pay the full price upfront. Any idea why that is the case?

Went pretty smoothly over-all for me. Minor annoyance though:

1. I’ll be traveling in Oregon (yay no sales tax) when it’s released and asked about Next Day Shipping since it’s towards the end of my trip (which the website shows as an option), but the Sales Rep told me she could only do 2-Day / Standard Shipping. Hmm okay. I found out later via T-Mobile on Twitter that Next Day WAS an option, but they’d have to cancel my order and re-book it to fix it. Not worth it, but would have been nice if the rep knew how to do her job. 

2. Almost comical - I was put on hold for quite a while during the transaction. Like 10+ minutes. It turns out because it was shipping to Oregon and the item showed No Tax, that she cancelled the order and started over because she’d never seen No Sales Tax and thought there was a glitch in the Matrix.