Question

IPhone

• 7 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I sit my phone down early this morning, had been on  YouTube. I wake up at 5 am, and it won’t do anything… it is dead!! It was working just fine. 

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I sit my phone down early this morning, had been on  YouTube. I wake up at 5 am, and it won’t do anything… it is dead!! It was working just fine. 

Charge it.

Badge

It was charged when I clicked it off,  I tried plugging it in to charger, putting it just on my charging pad  and it does nothing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is the charger plugged into a wall outlet or PC/Laptop?  If a battery gets too low, it won’t take a charge by just being connected to another peripheral.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

try a different charger to see if maybe that charging base is the issue?

Badge

I have tried two charging pads which are plugged into wall outlets, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. Then I used the usb and it just is doing nothing!! My battery in “settings” was showing 81%, so I was actually going to have a new battery installed. It has always charged to 100% with no problems.

I mean it won’t do anything, the apple will not come up, when I place it on the charging pads, the blue light on the charging pad shows charging. Crazy!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

it could have fully drained but that should only take a few minutes to give you enough charge to at least turn it on..check the Apple forums. there might be a way to try and force turn it on. heck there might even be a similar issue posted over there. especially if it was update related..which if that were the case there would be quite a few more reports than yours so far..so not leaning towards it being a update issue unless the update loaded in weird.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Now that batteries are not removable, situations like this can be even more frustrating. I am not sure which iPhone you have, but I was able to find the steps on how to force the device to restart. I would give this a try. 

• If you cannot reboot the device the normal way, you can also force it. To do this, press and release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button, and finally press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds.