Question

iPhone App Looping Issue

• 27 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

For the past two months, I have been unable to log into the T-Mobile app on my 12 Pro Max. When I launch the app, it will show me the landing page, with my current bill and such, but if I try to go deeper, it asks me to log in. So I try (using every registered phone number, as well as the registered email, and the password...which I changed online in an effort to resolve the issue) to log in, and I get a loop. It goes from the “Processing” screen to a loading screen, then back to “processing,” then to the loading screen repeatedly, without ever truly logging in. I left it on the table for 20 minutes, with no change. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, and every possible fix I can think of (as someone who has been in the mobile industry for four years) to resolve this, to no avail. The app is up to date and needs no upgrade. Thankfully, I can log in to My T-Mobile online, but the app is still inaccessible to me. Has anyone had this issue and been able to get back into their account on the app?

4 replies

I’m experiencing the dreaded looping issue with both the app AND the online account sign-in. They’ve submitted THREE technical issue tickets and no remedies. I’m starting to regret my decision in switching cell providers. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have an iPhone 11. I have had nothing but issues with the app. Either I cant view my full account history- bills - any account changes - because they either give me an error or the page is blank!!

I cant even get T-Mobile to send out  invoices from June - July 2023. The app gives an error message for this billing cycle. 
I find it strange since this is the billing cycle where I my plan was changed wohltut my consent- and I’m  the only authorized user on the account.

I was told that was because  of the “old data system” that gives authority to all members on the account to male authorized  changes???? 

if this was the case, why didn’t T-Mobile notify all account owners that anyone under the account can now make changes without prior authorization from the. primary account holder - account owner?

IMO this is just unacceptable and unprofessional .

iPhone 15, reinstalled, cleared cache, nothing.  This second level sign in to the bill freezes upon entering anything in the password field.  No VPN, on T-Mobile cellular data.  Odd, and a fairly recent development in the past month or two.

Possibly stumbled on a solution.

Set up Face ID while logging in to a iMessage chat with T-Mobile support.

Next time opening app, Face ID logs in and everything works fine.