Question

iphone message not receiving pics

• 8 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a appple phone and this last few months ive been having problems when someone sends me a picture through messages it wont show up and wont let me download it Why???? What can I do to fix this it happened after I did software update my husbands doing samething we had to move to messager

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you have data though to look up things online? or no? asking since you must have a data connection in order to receive/send MMS messages..which are pic texts , group texts and or very long winded texts.

Badge

yes everything works but i cant get any pictures its just shows up like a file and if i tried to download it it wont work

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

check for updates to your texting app/imessage..to me it sounds like the issue is with that alone. everything else works fine minus that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The picture not downloading could be a few different things. Fireguy_6364’s suggestion of updating your apps as well as your phone software is great. 

You will also want to make sure that your device has at least 15% available storage space. If your phone is low, it will often refuse to accept new files and cause you to miss pictures or even plain small text messages. Clearing old pictures or applications can usually make a pretty big difference, but you also want to clear out unneeded text messages and other small files also. Since you have an iPhone, you also want to make sure that your iCloud storage is not totally full also. I ran out of cloud space recently and it was a ripple effect on the rest of my phone operations. 

Are the pictures that are not coming in only from one person or many people? Are the senders also Apple users or do they have Android? When was the last time you were able to successfully download a picture that was sent to you? Understanding these details can really help us understand the issue and allow us to provide more options for getting this fixed.