Solved

Is iPhone from magenta plan sim locked?

• 3 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi guys

I have magenta plan and I want to trade my iPhone XS to get a new iPhone 14 Pro.

Do you know if the new iPhone will be sim locked? Or sim locked for some months?

Can I switch the T-Mobile number (on esim only) with an Italian number with esim?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Cali Cat 3 December 2022, 19:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

If you get the promotional trade in, yes your phone will be locked to TMO. After 40 days you can unlock by paying the full balance of your new phone. No, you cannot have a foreign phone number assigned to your TMO line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also if there's any monthly device credits attached to the promo you will may lose those if you pay it off early.

Badge

If you get the promotional trade in, yes your phone will be locked to TMO. After 40 days you can unlock by paying the full balance of your new phone. No, you cannot have a foreign phone number assigned to your TMO line.

Thank you, one more question.

The full balance means the full price of the new phone or the remaining difference?

Like, promotional price - what I have already paid = what I have to pay for unlock

Can I use a foreign phone number after unlock it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you're buying the phone to take back to Italy you're better off buying it from the Apple store unlocked because if you buy it from Tmobile you're going to have to meet the usage requirements for an unlock.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy