Question

Order on Hold

• 30 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Long Story short:

Last week Friday I visited the T-Mobile store and ordered 6 iPhone 14 Pros on the Buy one Get $700 offer by adding 3 new lines and upgrading 3 existing ones. The transaction required a down payment of $5724 so I put in my Chase debit card details for the payment but the card was not being accepted so I put in another bank’s debit card which did not have enough funds to cover the $5724 but the store person assured me that the card will be charged when the phones are shipped out, and as the estimated shipping dates were far away I thought I will arrange the funds before the shipping dates.

Cut short to Monday, I get a message from T-Mobile that the transaction was not processed as there was an issue with the payment, I was not expecting such a quick shipment so I did not fund the account till that time so I guessed that as there were not enough funds in the account this might have happened. I call the customer support and tell them to change my card details and on call they asked me about the card details and I gave them the Chase debit card details which originally was not being accepted and the expert assured me that the payment method was updated and the transaction would go smoothly.

2 days later after no activity from the bank and the order status still on hold I call T-Mobile again and they tell me that the Chase card details that I put in on the last call was not valid, even though on the last call the expert assured me that the payment method was updated. So now I tell them to again update the payment method and I put in the card details of the bank which I had originally put in the store (I made sure that the account has the amount of money this time for the transaction), now they again assure me that the payment method is updated. But even after 2 days I still see no activity in the bank account and the order is still on hold.

I am afraid that if the order is cancelled then I wont be able to use the Buy one get $700 offer as the new lines will be expired. I am extremely frustrated and concerned about this issue. Any kind of help will be helpful.

Thank You.

1 reply

Did you receive an email with a T-Mobile Docusign/EIP? Immediately after ordering phones that are “ship-to” you’ll get at least two emails. These emails certify that the order has been placed. Additionally, the one titled T-Mobile Docusign has a link that takes you to the financing agreement and must be signed within 48hrs. If it isn’t signed, the order will be cancelled. If you didn’t get these emails, contact Care. My favorite way to correspond with the Care department is via Facebook Messenger. They’re super thorough, proficient and capable. Not to mention kind. Best of luck!