Solved

Replacement Phone

• 4 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

About a month ago I broke my iPhone13. I went to the TMobile store and they replaced it. The replacement phone has no motion detection. It doesn't come on when picked up nor do any of my walking apps detect any walking I do. Also, I cant turn on the Wi-Fi. I took the phone to Geek Squad and they ran a diagnostic and determined the phone is messed up internally. I was told if they fix it, I will lose stuff on my phone. My question is why cant the TMobile store where I got it from just replace the defective phone? 

icon

Best answer by syaoran 4 April 2023, 01:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Usually a T-Mobile Store will only replace a device if it is defective within the first 14 days.  Beyond that, you can take advantage of the warranty provided by the manufacturer or if you pay for the insurance, file a request to have it replaced through Assurant.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

as long as your phone gets backed up prior to them doing a reset on it and you loosing your info, all of that can be loaded right back onto your phone.

I'm paying 400.00 for a refurbished phone that doesn't function correctly 

Assurant phones are garbage. They sent me a replacement phone and I couldn’t hear when people called me. I had to send that back annd then wait to get another phone.  I had also out a screen protector on the phone and when I asked for a replacement credit they wouldn’t do it. Everything they replace sucks. It appears this is the same replacement center that apple or beats uses in PA.