Question

T mobile buy one get one free scam

• 18 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

In Agusut 2021, I purchased 2 iphone 12 pro max phone. The deal was buy one get one free after I paid the taxes and fees. I was also forced to add another line which I didn’t need but was told that was part of the promotion. I have several lines with T mobile and they have been charging me for lines that have not been in use for over 2 years. I just noticed it when I was auditing while my phone bills were so high. It also turns out that the free phone sold to me during the promotion is not free at all. To make it even more confusing and hide their fraud, they applied the discount to the main number instead of the 2nd one. Even their own representatives don’t know how to explain the mess. T mobile owes me more than $500 in charges for services they did not provide.

I get crappy service and have been complaining for years. In many places around my community, I do not get service at all and I’m fed up. I want to switch to a new carrier but now they tell me I still owe on the deives and my phone is locked. I’m asking them to credit what they owe me to my account balance and release my phone from the lock so that I can move on and that has been a problem for them to resolve since March 2023.

I just want credit for the payments I’ve made on unused line in the last 2 years back. Also, I want them to honor the buy one get one free promotion and refund any over payment.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Don't kill the messenger but according to Tmobile's terms and conditions they will only refund a certain amount depending on the date the claim is made.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/terms-and-conditions

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you pay for the original non free phone outright or payments? if im thinking right you get a credit for that free phone but its while making payments on the paid for phone..if its paid off then the credits stop.