T-Mobile cancelled order for no reason (and took away my old Samsung phone)

• 31 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I placed an iPhone 14 Pro order on T-Mobile website. the order was placed since T-Mobile offered 1,000 trade-in credit. The old Samsung phone has been accepted by Asurion? Assurant? (which is T-Mobile’s trade in service partner) and is meeting all trade-in requirements. Two weeks later, T-Mobile cancelled my order for no reason. I called T-Mo’s customer rep a few times and each time they’d tell me that they’ll call back the next business day. So far, I still haven’t got any call back from them. I haven’t received my iPhone 14 Pro order. and, my old Samsung phone is gone. 

Can big carriers honor their business deal? Can their customer rep really look after clients?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if possible contact them through one of their social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter). you start with a higher tier support that can hopefully get you an answer now and not later.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Also for others reading this thread, it’s best to keep your trade in phone until after you receive the new phone. This will allow you to cancel if you change your mind. Once your trade in phone gets shipped to TMO’s 3rd party, it can never be returned. 

Badge

Also for others reading this thread, it’s best to keep your trade in phone until after you receive the new phone. This will allow you to cancel if you change your mind. Once your trade in phone gets shipped to TMO’s 3rd party, it can never be returned. 

Good point! 

just to let anyone who’s reading this post know: I don’t want to cancel order. Just want T-Mobile to honor the deal. 

I’m now firmly in the camp of not turning in a trade in until everything goes ok, I don’t know what you have to use now, iPad or laptop but what’s done is done and you haven’t got the phone you were promised by T-Mobile.

My word of caution comes in the hope that it helps someone else who is in the hell I just exited.

I was on the friends & family with a friend.  With AT&T.  I wanted to keep my number.

T-mobile can’t port my number without permission and a transfer code from the account holder.  My friend.  My wonderful, busy friend.  Only she could dial the magical secret code to get the 6 digit transfer pin.  I’m retired AT&T so I’m fine with jumping the hoops, it’s not t-Mobile’s fault, they do this to all Clec’s (competitive local carriers)

They gave me a temporary number and they could call me but nobody else had their number and it’s supposed to be temporary.

So, if someone called my number my old phone rang.  People could text me but not call.  Different platform and cross compatible I think.

It took 48 hours for my number to get ported.  I’m not even going to erase my phone for another week.

Badge

Since no t-mobile representative is really trying to help me solve the issue, I've decided to switch to Verizon. Well done, TMO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a user-to-user forum with some Tmobile moderation that don’t have account access so we, as posters, usually direct you to the Tmobile social media accounts using messenger on Facebook or Twitter.