Solved

T-Mobile esim

Badge

Hello,

I am in Ghana. My Iphone 14 is locked to T-Mobile, is there anyway I can register t-mobile esim in Ghana

icon

Best answer by syaoran 15 June 2023, 22:34

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You might be able to over WiFi with WiFi Calling enabled.

Badge

Okay, so how do I register for T-Mobile esim since I’m in Ghana

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you a TMO customer? or is it network locked and you are trying to get it unlocked so you can use the network there?

Badge

@fireguy_6364 it is a network locked to T mobile but I would like to subscribe to t mobile and use the sim here in Ghana if that’s possible but if it’s not then I’ll consider unlocking it to all network 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile USA does not provide extended roaming services.  The majority of your usage would have to be on T-Mobile USA's network.  If you are not a customer of T-Mobile USA and meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.  T-Mobile will not SIM unlock the device.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

Okay, thanks @syaoran 

Badge

@syaoran so is there anyway you could help me go through the process of unlocking?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You need to meet all of the eligibility requirements at the link I posted, then request the SIM unlock through Customer Care so they can verify your account and device meet the requirements before it is processed.  

Badge

Okay,  I don’t have TMO account but I pass the other requirements 

Badge

The only way to reach to CS is via call and I cannot do that since I’m in Ghana

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The phone needs to meet the usage requirements on Tmobile towers with the account requesting the unlock.

Since you don't have an account the usage requirements aren't met.

So basically you have an expensive ipod.

Badge

Yeah, but I want to reach out to them if there’s a way imei could be checked if it’s possible for the unlocking 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here's a link for the Tmobile imei check.

https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone

Enter the imei. If the imei is clear then it can be unlocked if all the requirements are met.

Badge

Okay