Question

Texts from I Phone to Androids not delivered while in Europe

• 30 September 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

Just came back from a cruise where we visited Northern Europe...Amsterdam, Denmark, Norway etc. I was unable to text anyone who was not an iphone user (I have an I PHone 12)….no one who had an Android or other brand of watch phone etc. We are supposed to get free texting abroad but this was useless.

I did not have the time or desire to phone Sprint customer service during the cruise. I was able to RECEIVE texts from these people but I could not reply to them!! 

I called customer service yesterday - they were not helpful - after about 18 minutes on the phone listening to niceties, telling me how she wanted to help me - give me great service, yadda yadda yadda and writing down copious notes describing my problem which I had to tell her several times….she finally said she would transfer me to “tech support”…. I waited on hold for a while and the person who answered had no idea why I was calling. Had to repeat the entire issue again.

Her solution was telling me to update my I phone to the newest IOS. I doubt this has anything at all to do with texting out messages in a foreign country - I think the problem has to do with the SIM card in the phone provided by T Mobile not being compatible with the foreign cell towers….just a guess.

Anyone else have an idea/solution? I was told to use WhatsApp instead…..but not everyone has this. 

•  Modify tags

0 replies

Be the first to reply!