Question

This may be a stupid question....

• 20 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

but If I pay off the remaining balance of my phone that comes after the credit (cause I traded my old phone) and the credit pays off the rest, will I be able to unlock it then?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The credits are on a monthly basis so the phone needs to be paid totally off. If you pay the balance early you may lose the monthly credits.

Badge

The credits are on a monthly basis so the phone needs to be paid totally off. If you pay the balance early you may lose the monthly credits.

I’ve heard apparently that the credit will continue to pay it off if I cancel the line after 40 days and I bought this phone almost a year ago. I’m looking to switch to a different carrier soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

More recent EIP's and promotions are focused around keeping your business for at least 2 years.  If you traded in a device towards the one you have now.  You received a one-te credit for that.  The additional monthly credits are the promotion.  If you pay your device off early, that promotion and those credits end!  This means, the cost to pay if that device in full early will be significantly higher.