Turn off Data

• 19 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

My son, who has Phone 11, will go to bed after me and talk to his friends.  I have ST enabled on the phone and downtime is at 10.30 during the school days.   However, Apple doesn’t include the Phone app as part of Downtime which would be helpful for us parents so I have to look at turning it off on TMO side. 

On the TMO side, I have to sign into the App- go to Profile settings- go to FC- view all lines- select his line- go to FA and uncheck No Allowance.  Hopefully, it takes immediate effect and will cut him off. 

Now, looking at Limit Device Access, I have CHECKED these boxes.  

“Select times during the week to BLOCK access….”

M-F 9pm-11pm and 11pm-6am

S-S 6pm-11pm and 11pm-6am

With the LDA settings, why he still able to make a call after 11pm? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is he connecting to wifi by chance and making wifi calls?

Badge

He is connected to the Wifi but I have it set to go off at a certain times. That would leave him to use the Phone app to communicate with his friends. 

Both Apple and TMO don’t make it easy. 

Badge

It would be helpful if a TMO support person would comment on my post and provide some additional information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there @pfisher15 Smartphones nowadays are so multifaceted and are designed to do everything all the time. That can make it very hard to remove access to things even when it is the right situation to do it. Family Allowances is the feature that T-Mobile has to determine when these phones can do things like texts and phone calls. It allows you to set times of day to allow or disallow different things. I think Family Allowances is just the thing that could help you.