Question

Unable to receive MMS messages from a short code

• 21 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have an iPhone12. I used to have Sprint as my carrier but now T-Mobile. The chat bot feature is not helpful either because it prompts me to sign in and then when I put in my username it kicks me over to an old Sprint help page. 

I have been unable to receive MMS messages from a short code I am opted in to for about 2 weeks. I have tried reseting my network settings, I know that I have enough data to receive larger images/gifs and messages, I have tried shutting down my phone and turning it back on. The weird thing is I am still able to receive shorter form, SMS messages from this number, just not MMS and I know that other people with different carriers are able to receive these MMS still. Any advice is welcome. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Do you have data turned on?  Have you reached out to Customer Care to make sure ShortCodes are enabled on your account?  You can reach Customer Care at 611 or reach out to T-Mobile via DM on Facebook or Twitter to verify that shortcodes are enabled on your account.  

Badge

Data is turned on. I receive MMS messages from other short codes without an issue so I’m not sure that’s it. I’ll reach out and see though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is the shortcode coming from an international destination?  Are you on a prepaid or postpaid account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there! Just checking on this one to make sure you get a resolution. 

Syaoran has a couple great questions. I have a couple more.

• What phone are you using?
  • What error message do you get when the message comes to your phone? or does the person sending say “I sent you a thing” and you never get it on your phone?
  • Have you ever been able to receive MMS from this particular short code in the past?
  • Have you deleted the entire conversation from that number and then tested?
  • Have you checked the blocked messages to see if maybe they have been redirected to that folder in error?

It seems like a lot of questions, but for things like this, it is usually a really small detail that causes the issue. We don’t want to assume or overlook anything. 

Thanks