Question

unable to text non iphone users while in Europe

• 30 September 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

Just came back from a cruise where we visited Northern Europe...Amsterdam, Denmark, Norway etc. I was unable to text anyone who was not an iphone user….no one who had an Android or other brand of watch phone etc. We are supposed to get free texting abroad but this was useless.

I did not have the time or desire to phone Sprint customer service during the cruise. I was able to RECEIVE texts from these people but I could not reply to them!! 

I called customer service yesterday - they were not helpful - after about 18 minutes on the phone listening to niceties, telling me how she wanted to help me - give me great service, yadda yadda yadda and writing down copious notes describing my problem which I had to tell her several times….she finally said she would transfer me to “tech support”…. I waited on hold for a while and the person who answered had no idea why I was calling. Had to repeat the entire issue again.

Her solution was telling me to update my I phone to the newest IOS. I doubt this has anything at all to do with texting out messages in a foreign country - I think the problem has to do with the SIM card in the phone provided by T Mobile not being compatible with the foreign cell towers….just a guess.

Anyone else have an idea/solution? I was told to use WhatsApp instead…..but not everyone has this. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!