Question

Unauthorized Password Change

• 16 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

For several months my password to my online account is being changed without my authorization or knowledge.  It isn’t until I receive a Thank You text from T Mobile that let’s me know the password has been changed.  For me to reset the password I need to verify account, confirmation number received by text, then a confirmation text to verify I made the change.  How does someone that does not know the password or have my account information and cell phone to verify change has been made.  This is extremely frustrating and annoying.  I’ve talked with a T Mobile customer service person several times but still password is changed or updated by someone else.  Please help.  Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Does someone in your household also know your password?  Have you tried changing your password to something different to see if that stops it from happening?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Your best bet is to contact CSR have them reset all online accounts on your account and start the process as primary on your telephone number. Also make sure you change all your passkeys and secret questions.

Badge

Thanks for the replies.  I’ve talked to a CSR 3 0r 4 times.  They have checked my account, set up a PIN only I’m supposed to know but every 3 days or so my password is upated.  It’s odd that I have to verify my identity, verify PIN, verify Verification Code, then authenticate to continue to T Mobile website all using my cell phone.  Three days from now I’ll get a text message thanking me for the password change. T Mobile security isn’t too secure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

How many people are on the account and are you the PAH?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Have them reset you online accounts if you are on a multiline account.  Some one could have it set up they are the primary line and not yours.

Badge

My wife and I are the only ones on the account. Yes, I am the PAH.  Just today my password was changed. If I didn’t get the test message I would not have known.  T Mobile initiated an incident report.