Question

Visual Voicemail not working on iPhone

• 14 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Visual Voicemail is not working for me. I have been with T-Mobile for 16 years and did not have this problem until recently. It began on an iPhone SE - suddenly stopped showing me voicemails. I tried every fix I could until finally an Apple rep suggested erasing and restoring the phone, which I didn’t want to do. Once my phone broke, however, I upgraded to an iPhone 13 Pro, and the Visual Voicemail still isn’t working. I recently resent the PIN. I made sure that voicemail itself works (pressing/holding 1 on the keypad) and when I call my own number, I hear the recorded greeting that I made. However, the Voicemail app in Phone doesn’t recognize that there is a greeting there, and can’t connect to make a new greeting. On another thread from a few years ago, a T-Mobile rep recommended “The solution was to remove the voicemail to text feature in our backend system to allow the visual voicemail to work.” Is that what I need to do, and how do I do it?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

On another thread from a few years ago, a T-Mobile rep recommended “The solution was to remove the voicemail to text feature in our backend system to allow the visual voicemail to work.”  How do I do it?

Badge

tomwil, thank you for the reply. Will this fix my Visual Voicemail even if I’m not getting voicemails deposited into text?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

tomwil, thank you for the reply. Will this fix my Visual Voicemail even if I’m not getting voicemails deposited into text?

Not sure, as I don’t use Visual Voicemail.  But if a T-Mobile rep suggested a solution, it is probably is worth a try.

Badge

I tried turning off the “deposit to text” option but kept getting an error message that the request couldn’t be completed. I also just spent an hour on the phone with a rep who had no new ideas and didn’t seem to have an idea about how to “remove the voicemail to text feature on the backend.” No idea where to go next.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The reason why it is broken for you is because Apple system is separate from T-Mobile’s system.  You’d have this problem with other carriers from time to time.

Your plan comes with the VV to text feature.  You need to call into T-Mobile to “disable” it at the system level, and not at the user level.  When you do this your VVM will work.

This feature should be allowed in our own account when we log into it. Why do we have to call the office when a majority of the features on our iphone? Another headache to deal with. I am legally blind so it’s harder to read the text, i’d rather hear the messages.