Change in Payment Terms

• 12 August 2023
  • 12 replies

Badge

Is anybody else annoyed by the change in payment terms to get the monthly discount?  No discussion just “here it is”.  Credit card is the safest way to pay on line and T-Mobile wants your bank account???

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There's been multiple threads on here for over the last couple of months.

https://community.t-mobile.com/accounts-services-4/what-s-up-with-t-mobile-removing-autopay-discount-for-credit-cards-51392

Disappointed with poor business practices on top of t-mobile hack. No way to provide bank account or debit card. Stopping auto pay. switching to paper billing. Hardly using 1% of the 55+ package. Time to save money with more competitive and better service options. They should learn from the TURBOTAX debacle - I switched to TAXCUT and am a happy loyal TAXCUT customer thereafter. We must resist ever-growing corporate greed. Raise Voice.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m VERY leery to do this.  Every consumer guide tells you not to give your bank account out and debit cards have practically zero safeguards like credit cards.  I just got my notice yesterday to change it from a credit card by Dec. 5th.  I’ll be thinking about all my options until then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you can still use the CC card..you just wont get the discount.

you will still have the protection the CC card offers though.

This is a Scam. They just had a breach in the last year & now they are going to demand that everybody give them access to the checking/banking info?!! I don’t think so. I absolutely will not and if you ask me, this is a breach of contract.

SHAME on you TMobil

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is a Scam. They just had a breach in the last year & now they are going to demand that everybody give them access to the checking/banking info?!! I don’t think so. I absolutely will not and if you ask me, this is a breach of contract.

SHAME on you TMobil

How's it a breach of contract when  Tmobile doesn't have service contracts anymore?

Has anyone reported this to the State or Federal dept of Commerce?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm sure they have since this change was announced 6 months ago.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Decided I won’t be handing over my bank info so I’ll just take the $20 increase, so now when I comparison shop other plans they’ll easily beat TMo.  And I have paid-for unlocked phones so it will be easy.  Oh well, it’s been a great 16 years TMo, but good things seem to always come to an end.  I’m thankful we live in a place with open and free competition.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Verizon doesn't give a discount for auto-pay unless you use use their credit card. AT&T took auto-pay doesn't give a discount either.

Going the MNVO route like Mint mobile you lose the roaming agreements and your phones data is a priority like being on one of the big 3.

Is anybody else annoyed by the change in payment terms to get the monthly discount?  No discussion just “here it is”.  Credit card is the safest way to pay on line and T-Mobile wants your bank account???

They have no right to ask neither our debit card nor bank account. Now a days even credit cards are not safe over the internet but they are asking our bank account info. If there would be a class action law-suite over this subject, I’d gladly participate it. As a matter of fact that, we all should start a law-suite. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They have no right to ask neither our debit card nor bank account. Now a days even credit cards are not safe over the internet but they are asking our bank account info. If there would be a class action law-suite over this subject, I’d gladly participate it. As a matter of fact that, we all should start a law-suite. 

You're not required to change your payment method only if you want the autopay discount.