Question

Extra Bill After I transfer.

• 19 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I started my service on 11/28/2022, and have been paying my bill every single month since Dec 18th, and I cancelled and transfer out my service on Aug 4th, which I received a full bill still on Aug 18th. So I reversed that auto payment, and now they are saying this charges is for July billing cycle, which to every normal person you would think the bill you pay on 7/18/2023 would be. But they shut down your access to your online account or billing statement right after you cancelled the service, and after 3 months of talking to 5 reps in call, wasting hours, and never get any follow up call backs they promised again and again. 

Now after 3 months, they are still not able to give me a valid explanation and even not able to provide the full billing statements to my entire service history. Now the bill is sent to a 3rd collection company which they said they can no longer access anything to my account history and ask me to pay more than double the full bill because of late fee.

What seems shady to me is that, during the first call in Sep, the rep told me that my bill were actually been paid in full and there is a second line in my account back in May or June, which I did not even recognize, either the phone number or the payment.

Right they just throw me to the 3rd party collection company to force me dealing with the payment alone. What kind of big company does that. Not thinking going back to this company ever again. And will advise all my friend not to too!~

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you're on a postpaid plan they float you a month of service because of any roaming charges that may incur.

I believe it's called bill current. When I canceled my watch line I still had to make a payment on the next bill.

Badge

But the thing is I am not on postpaid plan, and the rep also could not explain why I have that extra payment, they just say that the august payment is for billing period in July. If that is the case, when you go back to my payment month-by-month, I was paying my Dec bill for Nov which I have not yet started my service at that point. To sum up, my service period is 22/11/28 - 23/8/4, and they are now charging me 9 months of full payment plus one more payment prorated from 23/7/28 to 23/8/4.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you make a payment when you started service? If not you're paying for service you already used which is why there's 1 last bill.

Badge

Yes, they made me pay $38.59 at the store when I opened my service back in Nov 2022.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What was the name of your plan?