• 0 replies

when paying are you paying for the next 30 days or the past 30 days

icon

Best answer by BobT 13 June 2023, 18:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Depending on your plan, post paid plans are the last 30 days.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Prepaid plans are always for the next 30 days (or month) - unlike some other hazy ISP definitions prepaid actually means prepaid.

If on a “post paid” account a little bit of both and the term “post paid is somewhat nebulous in terms of the actual service; the detailed bill shows the service period covered, and the bill is “issued” at the day before the start of the service period and is not due until later in that period.

For example, my last bill was issued on May 20 and is for the current period (May 21 - June 20); it was due today (June 13  but paid on June 11 using auto-pay) - so technically I paid for past service and future service. Any added charges excluding service are actually post paid. So right now, I’m paid in advance for service through June 20.

Regardless, the detail billed for post paid accounts details the period covered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Prepaid is as it sounds.  Your service does not work unless there is enough funds available for the plan you choose.  What you pay for that plan, covers 30 days of it, including the day activated. 

Postpaid sends you a bill for the plan and any other charges you accumulate in that billing cycle outside of what your plan covers.  My bill generated on the 9th of June is for May 8th up to June 7th.  So, the bill I am paying today is for the previous billing cycle.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We call our billing method Bill Current because it works the way that BobT explains, and you are paying for the month that you are currently in. If you have additional charges like Syaoran is talking about, those will bill the month after they are incurred. It is best to take a look at your bill to find the billed dates and due date to truly understand what days you are paying for and when.