Phone Freedom

• 20 April 2023
  • 22 replies
Phone Freedom
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

My favorite part of being in the Magenta Family has been seeing how T-Mobile shakes things up to get rid of antiquated practices and eliminate customer pain points. T-Mobile is up to some more great shenanigans. Today we announce the new Un-carrier Move: PHONE FREEDOM

You know how it feels like the new guy always gets the good stuff? New babies get all the attention. New coworkers get all the good feedback. New customers get the better promotions. Well T-Mobile is here to disrupt this norm by introducing the new Go5G plan. Go5G and Go5G Plus offer more hotspot data and the Go5G Plus plan gives new and existing customers the same great device deals. Gone are the days of missing out on a major deal because you have been with the company for months or years.

The new plans are great, but we have more. Phone Freedom is also bringing enhancements to our switcher programs. Carrier Freedom lets us reimburse you for your remaining device balance with your old carrier when you switch to us, trade in your old phone, and buy a new one on your T-Mobile account. With the Easy Unlock, you can now combine the device reimbursement with a promotion for your new phone. That means we will give you up to $650 per line to pay off old phones and deals to get a new one free or discounted.

We are always learning, innovating, and building. Things are not always sunshine and rainbows, though. If you sign up and things are not performing the way you really need them to, we don’t want you to feel stuck. I mean, we aren’t a ball and chain, right? With the launch of our Go Back Guarantee, we are offering $50 per line via rebate for customers that switch to us, don’t love the experience, and have to make the tough decision to go back to their previous carrier within the first 30 days. T-Mobile wants to be the wireless provider you choose, not the one you’re stuck with.

Phone Freedom offers great changes to break customer pain points. We are so excited to share this information with you. If you want to learn more, you can read about it on our Newsroom and our Un-Carrier page.

Comment below with your thoughts or questions about our newest Un-carrier Move: Phone Freedom.

22 replies

Has anyone had messages or photos sent from  phone that you did not send??

How do a get Hulu

Hello, I do not have ssn, how to remove postpaid line thanks 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello, I do not have ssn, how to remove postpaid line thanks 🙏

Are you the primary account holder? Only they can remove a line.

All the $ we pay we should have NO issues!!!

Still working my way around this phone, glad to know I'm not the only one who has problems.  I will be needing alot of help, for now I'm not stressing YET!!!

Thanks

Badge

To much text of phone freedom but you guys won't unlock my network that it's completely paid and one and a half year old.

WORST COMPANY EVER!!!! 

I recently purchased the the t mobile portable internet box. Some of my cameras require 2.4 gh how do I switch from 5ghto 2.4

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I recently purchased the the t mobile portable internet box. Some of my cameras require 2.4 gh how do I switch from 5ghto 2.4

you start by asking in an area dedicated to such things and not so much in an area talking about switching from another carrier to TMO and the steps needed.

areas dedicated to them such as

https://community.t-mobile.com/gateways-and-devices-37

https://community.t-mobile.com/other-devices-11

I am a TMobile customer. Are there any exchange specials? I don't like Motorola phone. I would love to go back to Samsung.

I have had nothing but problems with my Motorola.

Thank u Bridget

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was it purchased outright? still paying on it? and if still paying on it how much longer do you have?

We transfered over from Verizon 2/22

2 phones.

Seniors discount, direct withdrawals.

We were told it was a free phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

free when it comes to any carrier means yes its free..but with credits over a certain amount of time. so odds are its a 2 year agreement and once that is done you can upgrade. usually if this is the case and you switch to a different phone the credits will stop and you’ll need to pay off whatever the leftover amount left on the phones.

All the bragging about being an “Un-Carrier” is a great cover up. I left AT&T because I was lied to and signed up for a completely different plan. I thought I had the plan I wanted when I signed up for Sprint, but now since the merger I have discovered Sprint did the same exact thing. I only just found out recently as I went to upgrade my families phones and to my surprise Im locked into a completely different plan and have to either pay more money to switch to the plan I was supposed to have or pay more money to upgrade our phones. You’d think with all the Un-Carrier talk, T-Mobile would be more helpful and get me into the plan I’m supposed to have. But no, T-Mobile is just like all the others. Is it really that hard to be honest and helpful? Apparently so. But make your money T-Mobile, make your money. I wish I could Un-carrie myself to a truly trustworthy service provider, but Im realistic. There’s money to be made and we’re simply a drop in the magenta bucket. 

Yes! It has happened to me!! 🙄

Badge

Yes! It has happened to me!! 🙄

All the time!!! 🤬🤬🤬

Their promotions are not good. We did this and when I called to ask about it they said "oh its too late. You can't get the 2 visas for 650$. " They should honour this but like someone said its money to be kept and made. I hate I got swept into this. I should've just went to cricket. Oh well!! 

Does T-Mobile offer insurance for phones bought with T-Mobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Does T-Mobile offer insurance for phones bought with T-Mobile?

yes its through Assurion (sp). if you have had that phone for a while now i think there is a break off as to how long you can wait to put insurance on a phone though.

I’m just looking for an email to send my bill from the company I no longer have service with. I was not able to login following the steps to get the rebate.

Userlevel 1

Why are the "phone on us" and "add a line" deals are for the new Go5G plans while leaving out the Magenta Max 55+ or Veterans in the dirt. I'd like to get an iPhone 15 Pro on them by adding a line. This is so irritating that long time members are hidden in the closet when deals are put out. 

I have the Galaxy S23 Ultra and Galaxy Tab S8+5G Tablet and have stayed with T-Mobile even though I get horrible up/down data speeds where I live. The worse part about that is their coverage map show my area as saturated with 5GUC and everything below. 5GUC with strong 5 bars and it's like 3G/4G weak signals. They won't even provide home internet but I'm wondering if it's because the signals aren't true.

T-Mobile, have you abandoned your loyal customers as you try to climb to the top? That will eventually backfire on you as customers are getting tired of feeling neglected. And as Bud Lite and other companies have found out, customers realize they have lots of power by getting together and spending their money elsewhere. 

I hope you guys wake up and start giving your current customers better deals while trying to bribe new customers. 

This so called “freedom” forces you into a more expensive new 5G plan. I like my Magenta 55+ plan and I like the price. Do you offer ANY deals on a new phone for someone like me?