Question

5G map

• 18 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am a new customer to Tmobile and changed over from Verizon due to cost and same coverage as verizon, Well after two months I wish i had not changed due to service. There 5 G map is very incorrect for service. I have two residents and at the one in town has 1 bar and the one in the country has 0 service which shows to be on the edge of service. Even the main roads that show service have 0 service. We were told when we signed up that they were adding 4 new towers in those areas which really sold me on changing but now finding out there are not ant coming to those areas where verizon has service.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We definitely want you to have better service and set you up right before signed up for sorry if this didn’t happen. Just a couple things you’ll want to know about our coverage map and 5G in order for it to work.

• You’ll want to make sure you enter the exact address on our 5G &4G Coverage map and make sure the 5G toggle is on. That way you know you’re in a 5G area.
  • This next part is obvious, but you’ll need to make sure the phone is 5G compatible. 
  • If the first two things I mentioned check out, we can have our Tech Care team file a Service Complaint  and have engineers check on those areas and figure out what’s going on with the coverage.