Question

5G UC Icon not showing on Samsung Note 20 Ultra

• 9 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

The 5G UC icon is not showing on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra while my wife’s S21 Ultra is showing the 5GUC icon with both phones in the same location.

5 replies

i’m not sure if this is how it is for you but for me im waiting for an update that will add the 5g UC icon so i would recommend checking for an Software update God bless

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It's only an icon!  Most status icons differ between devices.  Even when those devices are from the same manufacturer.  The devices should be connecting to the same bands in the same places, which will give you both similar service, regardless of the 5G icon having UC next to it or not. 

It's not only an icon @syaoran .  It's a representation of the service level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

And different carriers and manufacturers display the same levels of service differently.  There isn't a standard that requires the icon to say 5G UC when 5G in most cases, is all people will notice.  Just look at the mess with 4G, 4G LTE, LTE, LTE+, etc.  Just like how the number of bars for signal do not accurately represent the signal strength because there is no standard for that either and how many bars are shown for X amount of - dB is literally up to the OEM and to a lesser extent, the carrier to specify, and they do vary significantly by device and even firmware. 

The 5G UC icon is not showing on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra while my wife’s S21 Ultra is showing the 5GUC icon with both phones in the same location.

Same here