Solved

Arcadyan TMOG4AR availability

• 14 August 2023
  • 14 replies

Badge

Hi....After calling 4x today (8/14) to reach tech support they've decided that I need a Arcadyan TMOG4AR vs my current gateway. Seems like my current gateway won't work in my area (no 5g signal yet) hence the need for this new Arcadyan gateway.  Sooo my question is this. I called my local T-mobile store and they have no real clue "if" the Arcadyan TMOG4AR will be available on the 24th. Because my Ooma service is buggy too because of the whole 5g/4g lte signal issue. Anyone actually know when the Arcadyan gateway is going to be IN stores?  Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by copz1998 25 August 2023, 23:32

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I actually got my Arcadyan KV-21 ~3 months before 5G went live in my area.   4G LTE for me was fine, as it was only ~1200’ away.  Speeds did take some hits during peak morning on LTE, but outside of that it was usable.  Under 5G, its working quite well and stable (~400Mbps/20Mbps on n41, 175Mbps/60Mbps on n71).

I suspect that you’ll probably have to do an exchange by mail for the new/existing.

I asked the exact same thing and no information will be available until the official release date or SEPTEMBER. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@ONNHA according to the following story the new gateway will be available at the end of August. I suspect if you reach out to your local TM store staff in early September you can exchange your unit for the new one. 

https://tmo.report/2023/08/its-here-the-new-t-mobile-home-internet-gateway/

let us know how it works. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

From the following story, current TMHI customers do not qualify for the new gateway. Maybe in the future?

https://tmo.report/2023/08/leaks-show-t-mobile-will-sell-an-external-home-internet-antenna/

It becomes available to ship on 8/29/23

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Less of it being ready to ship from the vendor as to ready for T-Mobile to ship.

I’m not in a rush - +400 Mbps indoor, +550Mbps outdoor - 8 months (6 months with 5G service), and its working fine for me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Agreed, while the “new” gateway with external antenna connectors sounds interesting, I can’t complain with approx. 150 down/50+ up. 

Just got off the phone with support:

They tell me the new TMOG4AR gateway cannot be specifically requested as of yet. If you ask for a new unit they will send you whatever is in the warehouse for your region.

Bummer.

I was hoping to specifically request the new gateway for its external antenna capabilities.

Just got off the phone with support:

They tell me the new TMOG4AR gateway cannot be specifically requested as of yet. If you ask for a new unit they will send you whatever is in the warehouse for your region.

Bummer.

I was hoping to specifically request the new gateway for its external antenna capabilities.

Same here,  I had to cancel my service because my KVD21 signal fluctuate between good - poor. and speed worse during day. But I was also told I can’t have it because I am an existing customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Almost sounds like you have to cancel your T-Mobile home internet to get  a new device.

Userlevel 1

Almost sounds like you have to cancel your T-Mobile home internet to get  a new device.

That's what I plan on doing, cancelling and re subscribing I live on a rural area and I do not want to disassemble my Sagemcom router to hook up a 4x4 mimo. The fact that these tiers were made for people like me in my situation and the fact I have to cancel and re sub is irritating.

Anyone was able to get this new Arcadyan TMOG4AR new or existing customer. 

Userlevel 1

Anyone was able to get this new Arcadyan TMOG4AR new or existing customer. 

Not according to the memo sent to TMO teams I do t know if I can link the picture of the memo but I'll try. Here this just came across today. I'm sure since it's initial introduction there is a limited supply to being with, so even new customers are NOT guaranteed the new Arcadyan. Here is the link to the memo if it lets me :

https://ibb.co/GszXwGf

I have even called several local stores and they literally just get sent whatever is in stock ATM so no timeline for when they will be in stores and I don't want to roll the dice and go back to the trash can.. I might just have to add 4x4 mimo to my Sagemcom, I don't want to buy right now seems like the best solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile actually shows the new device on their support site.  I did check locally, and they haven't seen them yet.