Question

Can't automatically connect to mobile data anymore

• 31 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I use a Samsung Galaxy A21, and I am experiencing a problem ever since the recent system updates last week.  When I am at home, I can connect to my home wifi just fine.  However, when I leave my home and need to rely on mobile data for internet connectivity, my phone will not connect at all.  The only way I can connect when I am out of the house is to completely shut down my phone and start it up again.  Only then can I use mobile data.

This was never the case before the recent update -- my phone would automatically switch to mobile data when my home wifi isn't available.  This problem is very annoying -- please correct and advise.

6 replies

Badge

Does anyone (perhaps an expert with T-Mobile) have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what was the update? security patch or large OS update?

and do you by chance have another TMO device around you? swap sim cards and then leave to test..if its still messing up then odds are its the phone ….if it no longer has any issues reconnecting to the network then its a sim card issue.

Badge

It was a large OS update.  I do have an old phone here and I will try what you have suggested; however, it seems to me that this issue was most likely caused by a bug in the update, given the fact that everything worked fine prior to this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i havent came across any A21 issue threads after the update aside from yours so far.

as much as i hate to say it you might have to perform the dreaded factory reset in case something just didnt load right.

hold off on that until you do the sim card swap though just in case.

Badge

Thanks for your feedback.  FYI, I visited my T-Mobile store and the guy there removed and reset my SIM card -- it seems to be working properly now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

BOOM..not a common thing however they do go out from time to time. the sim card itself is what tells the phone what it needs to connect to..so if its having issues odds are it wont connect to anything.