Question

Can't receive group messages since T-Mobile required Spring Sim card update

• 15 June 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

I have been a loyal Sprint/TMobile customer for 5 years now.  

I have a Google Pixel 4A and I love it.  Everything has worked great until TMobile recently required me to update my SIM in April.  Ever since then I have not been receiving certain group texts.  I don’t know the full extent of it since I don’t know the messages I don’t see but I do know of a couple groups I was a part of that I’m not receiving texts anymore.  In one group I am part of 6 users have Iphones.  I see texts from 2 of the members but not from the others.

I have spent over 9 hours now talking with TMobile reps in stores and over the phone and no one has been able to help.  I even tried troubleshooting it with Google and they were unable to help.  I did a factory reset on the phone but that did not work either.  I most recently went into the TMobile store in San Diego on Fenton Pkwy and spent 5 hours in there. 

After 3 hours with a rep named Tristyn it didn’t look like he had any clear options for my phone.  I thought maybe it was an issue with the phone and getting a new one would fix it.  I didn’t want to buy a new phone but was ready to do it just to get out of the store.  I purchased the new Google Pixel 7.  Unfortunately that did not fix the issue, and it took another 1.5 hours to transfer the data over.  

The most frustrating part of the experience is that after talking with Tristyn for over 4 hours, another rep came over to help.  Ellie most likely saw I was frustrated and knew I was in the store for such a long time and tried to help.  Right away she told me, they were not technical experts and my best option was to call customer support.  I was very frustrated with her advice because I felt it should have been given within the first hour of the visit.  

On top of all this, they charged me for the new phone and told me due to the Sprint migration they were unable to refund my purchase at that time.  After calling customer service they told me I’d have to wait 2 - 3 weeks for a refund.  This whole process has by far been the worst customer experience I have ever had.  No one has followed up on anything and every time I talk to someone they just tell me to try calling customer service again later.  I can’t believe no one has even offered to compensate me for my experience.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with TMobile?  Any recommendations on how to fix the issue or get some kind of compensation for 1.) paying for service that I am not getting 2.) spending over 9 hours troubleshooting 3.) Paying for a phone I don’t even want because it does not work would be greatly appreciated.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!