Question

Can't reply

• 13 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I get a lot of automated text messages from doctors appointments and such, and these usually ask to confirm/deny appointments. When I send the reply, the response won’t send. It shows as “sending” and it never does. I have a Galaxy S22+. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried a different sms app or check the settings in the current app to check what out going sms are permitted. If it's a short code it may think a charge may apply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and you for sure have short code added onto your line?

Badge

I have checked the settings and allowed everything.  

i didnt kniw there was a "short code" that i needed to add. This is my first time with T-mobile and I didn't need that with the other carrirs

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

some carriers add it automatically others not so much since not everyone wants it. call TMO or contact them through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter and have them make sure its turned on for your line. i believe there is a way to do it through that TMO app but i have never done it that way so dont know where to even go. <~~ possibility

have you tried anything else on the device though like restart it or by chance were you connected to wifi when this happened? or not connected to wifi? if your data signal is lacking a bit and or wifi and trying to send using data that could also cause this..but that would mean it mainly happens in one location like home or work..